LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
yeah ok, thats just the spray stuff you get at autozone, pepboys ect.
you could just use that but it will be waaaay off scale.
soooo........ what you'd probably want to do to make it more to scale would be to paint your trunk area with that dark grey first.

the easiest way of doing that would probably be to get a can of the dupli-color primer from autozone. they have a new color called "Gray Hot Rod Primer" it's # DAP 1692
it is a dark grey almost charcoal primer.

once that's dry, take you a cheap paintbrush or and old one or whatever and trim off a bunch of the bristles so you only have a few scattered ones here and there rather than a bunch together.
then take you a bottle of flat white and flat light grey testors......
shake them up really good.
take one of the colors and lightly dip the brush in the lid so you dont get much paint at all then lightly dap the tips of the bristles around in the trunk to simulate the splatters.
then do the same with the other color and there you have it ;)

·
Registered
996 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea i know about the splatter paint in from autozone, i have it in my monte carlo, lol. Believe me DO NOT USE IT ON MODELS, ur right, its way off scale, and and will really screw up ur model for sure. But thanks, i really like that idea, like you said, i was thinking of making 'dimples' by poking it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
cool man :thumbsup:

you can thank your buddy too. i had him give that tutorial over the phone. lol
he told me what to tell you to do and if it was the black stuff to replace the grey with flat black. even told me where that dupli-color wa at so i could grab a can and give you the number off of it. ;)

see man, he's still helping out.
hopefully he'll get everybodies respect back before the new year when he's back on here :puffin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts