LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

THE BEST WIRE WHEEL CLEANER!!!!

6K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  wired61 
#1 ·
its really expensive...but nothing better!!!!..cleans off minor rust,,and makes your wheels shine better than anything made...!!!

20.00 per bottle is what i pay for it,,,but well well well worth it!!

See less See more
#4 ·
i dunno..i get mine from a shop here in town,,,,,there is no cleaner like this cleaner tho.....its THE BEST

#5 ·
i use maguires gold class chrome cleaner, then chrome polish

#7 ·
It is the same one I sell for 15 lol, there are actually three different ones , the bomb for chrome, the bomb for gold, and the barrier to prevent rust and corrosion. and yes they are the best I have found. ;) the eagle one is to harsh to use as regularly as some people do.

#12 ·
i get it for 20 bucks a bottle,,,,if someone wants some..ill get u some,,just pay few bucks for shipping,,,,,,,i dont mind,,,, let me know.....it lasts a while,,and works better than anything..!!

#13 ·
Originally posted by wired62@Sep 9 2003, 07:11 PM
i get it for 20 bucks a bottle,,,,if someone wants some..ill get u some,,just pay few bucks for shipping,,,,,,,i dont mind,,,, let me know.....it lasts a while,,and works better than anything..!!
thats some good shit i used it before well worth $20

#15 ·
The British wire wheel cleaner is supposed to be real good for your wheels. Nonetheless, you guys need to be careful on what cleaners you use. Sure...a lot of that McGuire's and No Touch shit cleans real good, but prolonged use of such strong cleaners can actually thin your chrome b/c it peels off a layer each time you use it. Some of the guys I know who have full chrome undercarriages and wires use clear windex. According to them, its supposed to be pretty safe. You guys should look into that. One of the guys I know recommended that I use shampoo such as Finesse, Herbal essence, etc. to clean gold wires. I use that shit and it works great, on chrome and gold.

#17 ·
Originally posted by Uni-Banger@Sep 10 2003, 11:19 PM
The British wire wheel cleaner is supposed to be real good for your wheels. Nonetheless, you guys need to be careful on what cleaners you use. Sure...a lot of that McGuire's and No Touch shit cleans real good, but prolonged use of such strong cleaners can actually thin your chrome b/c it peels off a layer each time you use it. Some of the guys I know who have full chrome undercarriages and wires use clear windex. According to them, its supposed to be pretty safe. You guys should look into that. One of the guys I know recommended that I use shampoo such as Finesse, Herbal essence, etc. to clean gold wires. I use that shit and it works great, on chrome and gold.
Good point. That Eagle Brand chrome wheel cleaner will fuck your shit up. Soap and water or a mild detergent on a regular basis, and a strong cleamer like Maguire's once a month or so is good. If you use those chrome cleaners all the time, like Uni-Banger said, your chrome will fade out.

#18 ·
Originally posted by ProHopper@Sep 7 2003, 11:17 AM
It is the same one I sell for 15 lol, there are actually three different ones , the bomb for chrome, the bomb for gold, and the barrier to prevent rust and corrosion. and yes they are the best I have found. ;) the eagle one is to harsh to use as regularly as some people do.
Is this 15 shipped ?? or do you / can you even ship it?

#20 ·
Originally posted by Represent316@Sep 11 2003, 12:11 AM
You use the Shampoo, Or this Slammn shit..? cause i need to clean my rim's when i take em off..
I don't use the Slammn product, although it may be a good cleaner. I've got 3 sets of wires, two sets are all chrome and one set has gold centers. For the all chrome wheels, one can use shampoo, but I just use the regular car wash soap for it. I use the shampoo (regular finesse) on the all gold centers b/c you have to be very careful in maintaining gold or else it fades and ends up looking dull. Gold is a bitch to maintain. I'm going to buy a bottle of British Wire Wheel cleaner today b/c a friend of mine has used it for a loing time and his gold seems OK. Some of the other ideas some of these LIL dudes have ain't to bad either.

Also, when you take your wheels off, buy a soft paint brush and use it to scrub between the spokes, especially from the back of the wheel. It is a long and difficult process, but it is much better than using some harsh detergent on your wheels. I'm gonna have to do the same thing in about 2 months when I take my wheels off. But thats the cost of rollin wires.

Last edited by Uni-Banger at Sep 11 2003, 11:29 AM

#23 ·
using soap,shampoo, water or whatever,,,u ''THINK'' u are gettin them clean,,until u use this stuff,,then u will be like DAAAAMNNN.... ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.