LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 882 Posts

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well about a month ago i made up my mind to sell my 03 town car to buy a 57chevy......if u know me then u know that i like to build the stuff that no one is building here in town...when everyone was building fleetwoods i built a caprice...when everyone was building town cars i built a newer town car.......so anyway i took a trip a few newyears ago to LA while i was there switchman took me to 562kustoms while i was there my now good homie FUZZY was doin sum work on "THE BLUEPRINT"....i took a million pics of the car cuz i just loved it so much.....so one day i was goin thru my photobucket and ran up on all the pictures....sumthin in me just said "get rid of that town car that aint whatcha want"...so i started lookin on craigslist for a 57 hardtop...the one i was lookin at sold before i got to it...i found that out the day i sold the town car.....so with no car i started my hunt for a 57....i was really lookin for a car as complete as possible....the same day i found this car in alvin tx....bout a 30-45 min drive from my house...i call the dude to see what time i could go look at it....went and picked up my boy sic713 and we jumped in tha lac on a mission to go check it out.....

this car was complete...minus the engine, trans, and STERNIN WHEEL ...what wasent on the car was in the trunk or in the car....i saw rust on the tailpan front floor pans and lower right fenders....the right quarter was is cracked and all jacked up....but all the trim is on it and in good shape...so that was all i needed

so the next week i went and picked it up

more pics when i get off work

Reactions: MOLIFECAM713

·
KICK ROCKS
14,345 Posts
damn thats a nice find

·
SGT AT ARMS
5,906 Posts
:h5:

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think we gonna freak this one out....everything is getting painted on chromed

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Thats a hellova nice find,..........BEAUTIFUL !!!!!!! Good luck on your build ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Slim don't forget the upgrades its got :thumbsup:
Oh yea they had already started on the frame its powder coated black .....the car also has disk brakes on the front and rack and pinion stering

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
You must have dropped a few coins for this one. Looks like a solid start. GL on the build.

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so by the time i got the car back to the shop it was already dark....so i went the next morning to the shop and took a few pics....and really get a 360 of the car in the light....i have to admit i was a little upset that i had spent 8k on a car that didn't run or have a motor or trans in it for that matter (never bought an old chevy before)...so my first thought was to knock sum of that dust off of it so i could see what i was working with....guess i forgot how lazy i am cuz i just washed the driver side took a few pics and left

·
Registered
8,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
after work one day last week i was able to get back to the shop and start taking the interior apart...the guy told me that the floor pan were rusted out and someone had tried to repair the at one time.......HA! they bolted thick sheet metal to the front floor pans on both sides the bolts were stupid long and rusted.....it took forever to unbolt those....and then they drilled holes to install those god awfull 70s monte carlo seats....they are now in the trash....i took out the carpet also as u can see...squirls and rats had been in there at one time.....there was a shitload of eatin pecans on the rear floor board and on the package tray...that shit was no match for tha shopvac....all but one of the windows work as they should....all the interior trim is there and in great shape....the headlinner has no rips but has a lil mildew....sucks im taking out all out new color outside and inside

1 - 20 of 882 Posts