LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.....many of you have agreed to wanting a contest. Here we go.....

The official start date is Sept. 15. That will give you 2 weeks to find a [1964 CHEVY IMPALA] and any supplies that you will need. I ask that there be no cheating as in starting the car any earlier. I also ask that you post some progress pics in this topic so we can fine tune picture quality and so on.
As of right now I will be a judge, 1ofaknd has so kindly offered his help, and I will also be looking for more judges throughout the build. Now I know that some of you don't live in the US and some model kits are easier to find than others. A 1964 Chevy Impala is a very common kit and you should have no problems locating this model.

I do have one personal request to ask for myself and that is......

We have many model builders with different model building experience. I ask that anyone who follows along with this contest please DO NOT post comments like " that is ugly, that looks like shit, you should have took your time, etc". I prefer to only read positive and constructive feedback as I'm sure others do also.

Again.....thank you....and I hope everyone has fun with this one.

If you have any questions or concerns please let me know....thank you

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Official start date Sept 15

You have 3 months to complete the build. This may sound like a long time to some, but it will help with time an money to others.

DECEMBER 15......END OF CONTEST

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by 1lowimpala@Sep 1 2005, 05:14 PM~3735472
Oh yea, have you figured out a prize yet?
I'm pretty sure that I have that covered.................. :biggrin:

·
Registered
901 Posts
I was wondering are there going to be classes like (stock, street, custom), or one class? I just might have to build a sexy4....

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by mista_gonzo@Sep 2 2005, 12:12 AM~3737926
I was wondering are there going to be classes like (stock, street, custom), or one class? I just might have to build a sexy4....
Just 1 class.....

·
Registered
201 Posts
WOW this is gonna be fun thanks to all who put this together i,m sorry i couldnt get video on hope to make it up with the 64 build up i tryed though ill get better lol :)

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
to abide by the rules i need to find a new 64 kit ...not doing to well in my search .... does the metal body kits count?.... i found those on clearance ... but as far as a standard amt or lowrider plastic kit .. i cant find nodda !

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by ice64berg@Sep 5 2005, 08:31 PM~3758346
to abide by the rules i need to find a new 64 kit ...not doing to well in my search .... does the metal body kits count?.... i found those on clearance ... but as far as a standard amt or lowrider plastic kit .. i cant find nodda !

The Diecast don't count.....must be plastic

You still have 9 days, if need be send me the money and I can get you a 64 Impala. I have readily available AMT or the Revell, which both can be shipped asap.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Allright everyone, 9 days to go. Remember, on the 15th we need to have a pic of your un-started model kit also showing the date and your LIL screen name. I have allready seen posts saying that they can't find a kit. They are readily available on EBAY, or you can send me the money and I can send you either the AMT or the REVELL. There may be some late comers that want to enter and this is fine but they must also submit a photo of their kit before they start. Anyone who submits a finished car by December 15 that did NOT include a start photo will automatically be disqualified from the contest.

Again......thank you for your cooperation.

Bryan

1 - 20 of 59 Posts