LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to know if there is any differance in spray techniques and such in say a black and a candy apple green? could a novice spray candy just as easy as a black? I would like to know some more information on candy paints, if I"m going ot spend 800 for a black hok why not jump up a couple hundred and get candy....

G

·
i might be wrong so don`t quote me on this butt i heard that when spraying candy if you start from one end you have to go all the way to the other end so the panit lays on evenly when spraying it

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so another words its a lot like flake? If not distributed evenly you will end up with dark and light bloches? I thought it would be along thoughs guide lines. But I have disassembled my vehicle for the spraying so laying even strokes shouldnt be as challenging as if it was put together...

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
spray technique is different. that is why i dont trust myself with candy. 75% overlap vs 50%. if you are consitent with your technique, going to get tiger stripes, blotchines, etc. id buy some extra material and spray everything metal you can find. go to bigger objects and when you feel comfortable try it. if i had a car i spent good money on and didnt have much experience painting or painting candy, i wouldnt experiment on it.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
when spraying a solid color,you will end up with the same color,Candy is translucent meaning the more coats,the darker it becomes.You have to have a steady hand and walk the cars length with 75% overlap or you will get dark spots "tiger stripes".I say get your regular bc/cc jobs down packed then practice with some pearl and flakes,when you have the feel for it try out some kandy :biggrin: or skip all the steps and practice

·
~JUNGLE LOVE~
5,791 Posts
I saw this dude pimpin a TigerStriped 64. I felt so bad for him. All that good paint wasted. :tears:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts