LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '79 Caddy with a two pump set up, the back works fine and the front was working perfectly until two days ago. I lowered the front all the way down and when i tried to raise it it didn'y even make a noise. Is it a bad selenoid? You hear a click but only if you hit the switch downward not up. Is there a way to adjust manually so at least i can drive it?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It went up and it's not the motor. Is there a way to "jump start" the system just to raise the front?

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by BobbyBo@Jul 26 2005, 12:37 PM
It went up and it's not the motor. Is there a way to "jump start" the system just to raise the front?
[snapback]3482121[/snapback]​
your saying you did what dirty said and the back lifted up?.....if so that means your motor is done.....if not then it could be a switch, solenoids, or bad wiring

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Jul 26 2005, 12:42 PM
your saying you did what dirty said and the back lifted up?.....if so that means your motor is done.....if not then it could be a switch, solenoids, or bad wiring
[snapback]3482150[/snapback]​
Yeah I was about to say, WHAT????

·
Registered
5,905 Posts
you could just jack the front end up it should hold pressure if your pump head isnt gone and you can get underneath your ride

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Use jumper cables to raise it manually. Hook up your ground to your block, and your power to your motor. Hook up the opposite side to a battery or batteries, ground to ground and power to power. that should lift it up. be careful when you tap the cables on the batteries, it could easily get stuck to the terminal.

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
I always thought that was dangerous, it is easy if he has a good pump, then just hook up the solenoid wire to the good pump, if it lifts, it is the motor, if it doesn't start with the solenoids

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't know what it was but it's working fine now. All I did was take one end of the jumper cables, hooked up the ground to the ground on the battery rack, and the positive to the motor. Then I just hit the switch and it worked! I didn't have to anything else.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
if you are going to use jumper cables, hook up the positive ones first, then negative on the battery, then touch the ground cable to the rack, it will spark, but at least you wont be sparking by a battery.

sparks+battery fumes=BOOM

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
yeah or a postive motor post..

but didnt he say he hit a switch?... bad ground disconnect or really weak one maybe ?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts