LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend we, Unity lowrider CC, went to Germany to see the Joker radical car dancer up close and personal...hella sick!
The owners were hella cool but they were also very bored with the audience and sitting there all day without getting the real recognition they deserve. They didn't brought the right equipment to charge their batteries so no bunnyhop but that didn't matter.
We also met with Wrapped with Envy owner Derrick Jhagroo and his mom who organises all these european trips...totally cool people, Travelino invited them to Amsterdam and my guess is they had a great time yesterday.

My next modelcar project is mosdef gonna be a 1/12 (RC) cardancer like the Joker. I have 2 RS '46 Impala bodies left so that should do the job!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Cool !!... Man, I'd love to see one workin, up close, and in person!

Hey Jevy, when you saw the car, did you get any new ideas in your head, about the suspension, or the movement , or anything, that you wanna do in scale, or hadn't thought about before, or something? .... Oh, and hey...did you take any of your cars or anything, and show em to those cats?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Sounds tight. ;) :cool: :thumbsup:

-twin

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Can't waite to see what you come up with. All I know is that I will be impressive.

Off topic but, are you still going to sell those instructional DVDs?

Last edited by ScratchBuilderV at Dec 1 2003, 09:20 AM

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I gave an Super Video Disc of all my videoclips to Derrick who loved to see them He also want a model of his Wrapped with envy truck so who knows? His mom send us 25 T-shrits so the connection is being made supercool.

The instructional DVD I work on and off the last 2 months I didn't do any shooting I'm way to busy with my education and work.

I have some idea's for the setup and how to get the car with 4 wheels of the ground and don't have to do much maintainance it's gonna be trail and error. I'm not sure what material I'm gonna use for the chassis allu or styerene and also am thinking of making a chassis mold out of wood and let it be vacuuformed than can turn out to be very strong.
All wheels independent with a 4 high power motor setup and 3 servo/ gear motors to lift the car in any position.
Either it's gonna be line controlled or RC depending on the difficulties.

I've made some pics and a small video of the Joker in action gonna upload it as soon as my comp is completely installed. ;)

·
Registered
744 Posts
yeah..dude..

I gave them the tour..

well, more like smoking a lot..haha he was surprised that we CAN smoke like on the street and infront of the police..
and we went to the red light district...hhahah
man all cool

here's a couple of pics...

just checking if his shoe size still the same after smoking a couple of buddah..hahah

no man.. he was good man.. stays off from those weed man..

well..

"which way was to the RED LIGHT DISTRICT, Travelino??"

haha

well any other pics just check 'em out at

http://lowrider.pagina.nl

and click the forum...aaiighht

oh yeah.. I pass my UNITY SHIRT TO HIM and we all signed and now I don't have any UNITY SHIRT man.. but its all good.. we hook up..hahha

Last edited by Travelino at Dec 1 2003, 07:13 PM

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Derrick seems like a really cool guy from the LRM videos, he doesn't have a big head like some car show champs, when he was interviewed he just let his ride speak for it's self, he didn't brag at all.

Travelino, do you know where I can find some more photos of Wraped With Envy? Just wondering if you have any inside info.

·
Registered
64 Posts
for some strong chassis, i would use steel rod, or stainless rod. ive built trucks that have been dropped from my bench with out any problems. and then you can file the shit out of it, and it wont cut into it. it will be all tube frame then, so mounting your servos and stuff will be tough.blah blah. you are the man with this though, so my words ,may not mean anything

·
Registered
704 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Dec 1 2003, 02:27 AM

My next modelcar project is mosdef gonna be a 1/12 (RC) cardancer like the Joker. I have 2 RS '46 Impala bodies left so that should do the job!
i didint know they had a 46 impala

·
Registered
744 Posts
well here s a couple of picture of the REDs owner..

i hope you can see this..

oh yeah I forgot to tell you guys that this joker was only half charged and using only 4 pumps.. not the whole 8 pumps was in use and... those stupid organizers(essen motor show) didn't provide the joker with the right voltage or charger...that is sick man..
can u imagine this that the invite a history car and leave it to do his show in a corner that si not bigger than my own living room....

sicc... but I enjoyed it..

have fun watching it

Last edited by Travelino at Dec 2 2003, 04:46 PM

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Originally posted by Travelino@Dec 2 2003, 05:43 PM
well here s a couple of picture of the REDs owner..

i hope you can see this..

oh yeah I forgot to tell you guys that this joker was only half charged and using only 4 pumps.. not the whole 8 pumps was in use and... those stupid organizers(essen motor show) didn't provide the joker with the right voltage or charger...that is sick man..
can u imagine this that the invite a history car and leave it to do his show in a corner that si not bigger than my own living room....

sicc... but I enjoyed it..

have fun watching it
Thanks man, any more?

·
Registered
744 Posts
well the other pics are more when it just resting you know what I mean..

I will post it when I can get other pics fromour members..

later

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by lukedogg@Dec 2 2003, 03:49 PM
does anybody have pics of it in action? I have never seen it except for when it is just sitting.
i got some pics of it somewhere with the whole car about 4 feet off the ground :biggrin:

i'm very impressed with it since i've never had any Red's pumps that was able to make it out of the driveway without breaking. :ugh: lol

1 - 20 of 34 Posts