LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, thanks for the 411 on the shops. I think all 3 do great work by the looks of the pics! Anyways, I have my mind set on what setup I want except for a couple things. For a 2 pump 6 battery setup...should I go with regular or deep cups? Also, is it true that you should run 3 solenoids per pump? Thanks! :cool:

·
Registered
970 Posts
yup...general rule3 noids per pump regardless of voltage.. i recommend regular cups some use deep cups till the springs are broken in ,then switch to shallow cups...but i stay with shallow no matter ..hope this helps

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Basically, the main reason people run deep cups is so that they can fit more turns of coil in the car. A lot of them do switch to regular cups after the coils have broken in. It raises the vehicle back up a little to keep it from bottoming out when hopping. In my daily, I am running about 6 turns and deep cups so that I can still lay somewhat low. If your not worried about hopping then go ahead and run the reg. cups cause the amount of coil you use doesn't matter. As far as sol. go. Heres how many I run...
36volts-2 noids
48 volts-3 noids
60 volts-3 noids
72 volts- 4 noids
I would rather be safe than sorry.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts