LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
41 - 60 of 125 Posts

· Registered
1,772 Posts
a killer scheme me and my carnal did on a some cars were with pearls. first you apply the base coat(we used black),then spray the pearl(green works awsome). after,you tape off some designs,air brush black shade around the edges of the tape. remove tape and clear! finished product,when it's in an angle,it looks black and as the light starts to hit it,the pearl and patterns start to show and then fades. :scrutinize: :eek:
makes you say"DAMN IT! I know i saw patterns!" :banghead:

· Registered
230 Posts
u should paint ur rims green and have ur spokes gold with chrome nipples

· Registered
1,772 Posts
Originally posted by noe_from_texas@Sep 16 2005, 07:02 PM~3830807
would that work with metallic paint though?
yeah,but you'd have to spray the pearl with a gun.you can even use a touch up gun. also,the pearl comes in powder and is in jars.depending on how much pearl you put in the clear,the more the color will stand out. i'll try to find the pic of one of the first ones we did and post it!

· Registered
23,548 Posts
Originally posted by noe_from_texas@Sep 17 2005, 03:23 AM~3830436
i never had any problems with mine :dunno:
Obviousely with the chick leanin over them otherwise they'd have broke on her ass and you'd have to wipe off the tit skid marks she woulda left on the tank :roflmao:

So is the 16" Full or Radical? You going after that orange one from Legions out there?

· Registered
16,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Originally posted by TonyO@Sep 17 2005, 01:20 AM~3832255
Obviousely with the chick leanin over them otherwise they'd have broke on her ass and you'd have to wipe off the tit skid marks she woulda left on the tank :roflmao:

So is the 16" Full or Radical?  You going after that orange one from Legions out there?
don't know yet, but there is also a blue 16 inch from AZ that i'm going after ;)

· Registered
25,539 Posts
Originally posted by judas@Sep 16 2005, 06:47 PM~3830554
ok thanks and attention when you bounce... I broke mine like that  ;)
dude i am a big mo-fo and i can not even brake the tube twisted handle bars i sale just ask lowexpeesstion or what ever him name is he has a set of mine on him bike :biggrin:

· Registered
1,009 Posts
good idea to get it professionally painted rather than cans.... i have a bike sprayed and juss from normal moving around it has chips....
and today i was trying to mount the CO2 tank on my one that pro. paintedand i dropped it on it and its completely fine... that paint is so much tuffer ... good luck with the new paint :thumbsup:

· Registered
1,009 Posts
Originally posted by chulow95@Sep 16 2005, 10:00 PM~3830797
a killer scheme me and my carnal did on a some cars were with pearls. first you apply the base coat(we used black),then spray the pearl(green works awsome). after,you tape off some designs,air brush black shade around the edges of the tape. remove tape and clear! finished product,when it's in an angle,it looks black and as the light starts to hit it,the pearl and patterns start to show and then fades.  :scrutinize:  :eek:
makes you say"DAMN IT! I know i saw patterns!" :banghead:
oooo i might juss do that.... my bike is gonna be a new school / oldschool mix its gonna be a bondo frame with a few mild mods ... it has speakers molded into it so its not bulky n it will have a few tvs... thats the newschool .... but the paint will be two tone black and white and it will have very basic parts and will ride high with a springer fork... what you just described made me think to do that on the black ... giving it another newschool element... but subtle.... if you have pics of it and/or the process please post them i want to see

· Registered
23,548 Posts
Originally posted by noe_from_texas@Sep 19 2005, 04:24 AM~3839422
took these about 20 minutes ago.  i did not get chance all weekend to work on it so i'm gonna have to hustle this week.  i also have an idea about the paint, but that will come when i'm done
Lookin smooth :thumbsup:

So which bike in AZ you going after with your 16"? :dunno: MOS is 20" so are ya gonna bust out against him?

· Registered
16,586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Originally posted by TonyO@Sep 18 2005, 07:52 PM~3839638
Lookin smooth :thumbsup:

So which bike in AZ you going after with your 16"?  :dunno:  MOS is 20" so are ya gonna bust out against him?
:twak:

just kidding tony, hahahaha

Attachments

41 - 60 of 125 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.