LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

The rebirth of my bike

3K views 124 replies 28 participants last post by  Frontwalker 
#1 ·
i just started working on it today and so far i think i'm doing good. i got all the paint off except for the tank and some other little areas. yes, the crank is still on there cause i can't find some tools, but it will come off tomorrow. here's some pics i took earlier today.

Attachments

See less See more
#28 ·
Rebirth of your bike huh? Did the doctor know which end to slap cuz both ends are butt ugly :roflmao:

Just messin Noe, I like giving your ass a hard time :biggrin:

Are you still doing that 16" ? I haven't seen pics or heard about you talkin about that one in a while.

#30 ·
Originally posted by TonyO@Sep 16 2005, 12:16 AM~3826370
Rebirth of your bike huh?  Did the doctor know which end to slap cuz both ends are butt ugly :roflmao:

Just messin Noe, I like giving your ass a hard time  :biggrin:

Are you still doing that 16"  ? I haven't seen pics or heard about you talkin about that one in a while.
i'm slowly working on the 16, but i am not posting pictures, only one other person has seen it though ;)

#34 ·
Originally posted by socios b.c. prez@Sep 16 2005, 09:54 AM~3827794
Wow, I cant believe you have it sanded down already. Now take it to the painter! QUICK!!!!!
me either, usually takes a few months, lol

that only took me a little more than an hour.

i been in and out all day today, right now i'm gonna go get some estimates on some paint, however, i went by a small hobby shop today and found some metallic lime gold paint, i've always like that color

#36 ·
Originally posted by noe_from_texas@Sep 16 2005, 04:17 PM~3829049
me either, usually takes a few months, lol

that only took me a little more than an hour.

i been in and out all day today, right now i'm gonna go get some estimates on some paint, however, i went by a small hobby shop today and found some metallic lime gold paint, i've always like that color
take a pic of the paint

#48 ·
a killer scheme me and my carnal did on a some cars were with pearls. first you apply the base coat(we used black),then spray the pearl(green works awsome). after,you tape off some designs,air brush black shade around the edges of the tape. remove tape and clear! finished product,when it's in an angle,it looks black and as the light starts to hit it,the pearl and patterns start to show and then fades. :scrutinize: :eek:
makes you say"DAMN IT! I know i saw patterns!" :banghead:

#50 ·
u should paint ur rims green and have ur spokes gold with chrome nipples

#51 ·
Originally posted by noe_from_texas@Sep 16 2005, 07:02 PM~3830807
would that work with metallic paint though?
yeah,but you'd have to spray the pearl with a gun.you can even use a touch up gun. also,the pearl comes in powder and is in jars.depending on how much pearl you put in the clear,the more the color will stand out. i'll try to find the pic of one of the first ones we did and post it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.