LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

621 - 640 of 659 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just spoke with Truespokes and they said it wont work, it'll hit the bracket on the skirt. 14x6 in the rear will work. Its a none problem with buyers that they get who try to run 14x7 with a stock rear end.

·
Registered
47,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #626

Just finishes this rear end swap on my 63. Its a gbody 10 bolt rear end, maybe s10 too. I'm running a y bone from A&W on here and a slip drive line and solid bearing from big rich. The g body axle measures 58 inches. Can also upgrade to a disc kit. This swap is a cheaper alternative to Versailles or Tacoma and is strong and safer than stock narrowing because it is a c-clip rear end.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Anyone know what yoke I could use for the Toyota Tacoma rearend. I am putting it into a 64 Impala and the Toyota has a flange style yoke and the impala uses a U-Joint style yoke?

·
Registered
633 Posts
58 for the rear end and can I run stock tires with out rubbing the frame not going to run13 inch wheels for now thinking of buying a ford 9inch from one of these company that bulid them so just say I want a 58inch rear end. anybody selling them already done for a 64 impala

·
Kiss Of Death
7,712 Posts

Just finishes this rear end swap on my 63. Its a gbody 10 bolt rear end, maybe s10 too. I'm running a y bone from A&W on here and a slip drive line and solid bearing from big rich. The g body axle measures 58 inches. Can also upgrade to a disc kit. This swap is a cheaper alternative to Versailles or Tacoma and is strong and safer than stock narrowing because it is a c-clip rear end.

would you happen to know if i can use a g-body one for a 65-70 as well..???

·
Registered
830 Posts
So Ford 9 cut to 58"? or 58.5"? to run 14x7 with skirts and have the option to run stock wheels with out hitting frame,which is the correct length this?

621 - 640 of 659 Posts