LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

The story so far

1K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  BIG DIRTY 
#1 ·
I have a 140 amp alternator sending juice to a optima yellow top which feeds a pioneer dvd/mp3 player which sends an audio signal to the stock speakers, video signal to a power acoustik monitor, and audio to a audio control 3xs crossover. The crossover feeds audio into a jbl 1200.1 which is also powered by the yellow top which is juiced by the alternator. Now, if this were your system, what sub would you toss behind the seat in a chevy reg cab pickup?

#4 ·
Four Cubes in a Standard Pickup. Where you gonna sit: the dashboard?

I don't think so homie. I had a 2 cube box behind my seat in a Extended Cab Mitsubishi and it was not comfortable at all. I would look at some Old school Solo's, or some other speaker that works good in small enclosures. Note: You are probably gonna have to settle for one sub, and that better be a DVC because your gonna lose alot of power with one SVC sub. I don't see how you are gonna fit more then one sub, if you run two subs, you are gonna be way overpowered for the amout of space that you have in the standard cab. You put that much power to speakers that are in too small of a box, blam no more speakers. If you don't wanna do a cut threw, then go with one sub.

#5 ·
It's a fullsize, standard cab...trust me on the space, I through together a preliminary box and it fit. I've customized the cab quite a bit to accomodate for sound.

#6 ·
You got a picture of that preliminary box. I wanna see what your 4cuft box looks like. Cause I remember my 4 cuft box and it fit into the back of a Jeep Grand Cherokee. You guys got some new math going on. What are the deminision that you are working with.

#8 ·
I have no digi cam, but I do have dimensions. 60" wide, 17" tall, and 11" deep. Internal volume is 4.98 before sub and port displacement. I figure those two figures shouldn't be more than 1 cubic foot. voila, 4 cubes

#9 ·
It's the same truck in my avatar, but the seats are thin. they came out of a grand am and at their closest point to my box there is a 2.5" gap, and there is still PLENTY of leg room.

#10 ·
Okay no calc, but that is cool, you must be short, I am like 6'5" so maybe my perspective is diffeent. I gotta have that shit all the way back and lean'n. What kinda subs you looking to put in there. Damn I don't know about brahma, man that would hurt that close to your ears.

#11 ·
Dont worry about it ;)
I was looking at something by DD or treo, i want more of an spl oriented sub than sq..but, an xxx is still a possibility. I really want to get this truck to bang.

Oh, and im only 5'8". lol

Last edited by beatbox at Sep 9 2003, 06:50 PM

#13 ·
The only subs I've ever owned have been kickers, just about every series up to the L7 15. I always shopped at a small local shop until I started doing more involved research on subwoofers. Anyway, I sold the blazer for my new fullsize and wanted an absolute killer system. Audio, Video, Bass, the works... I'm doing pretty good so far, I think, and it's time for a sub. I just can't decide on which. I hear raving about all these brands, but I want to listen before I buy and nearby dealers are everything but nearby. :(

I need opinions on the treo csx 15, juggernaut 15, and dd 9515 and how they compare to one another. I've read ENOUGH about the XXX 15.

#14 ·
To be honest. I had 2-8's in a 7th order bandpass box, the box was 1.5 for each sub. .5 for the front of the speaker, 1.0 for the back of the speaker. I had two of these moduels with a amp rack in the middle behind my seat. My system was like this. MB Quart 6/4/tweeter comp set, MB Quart 6/tweeter comp set. 2 8"s Rockford Fosgates. Each door had 2-6"s/1-4"s/tweeter. The other tweeter from the comp set went into the dash location. The 8"s behind my back. I competed in 93 in IASCA, won alot of local events, got creamed at Bigger events because my system was just a put together system, no motors, no tricks, just a plain system. I got invited to the sound off in Stone Moutain Georgia and met Richard Clark, and he open my eyes to a whole new world, about sometimes less is better. But you gotta be happy with what you got, but a good set of 10"s behind you will do the trick. Oh yeah, I used to boom and things, even with 8"s, someone dragged my car off from Toys R Us one night and I have never seen it again. Sometime Less is better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.