LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have never looked into the m i need some help

i drive a 94 jeep grand cherokee limited and i want to be able to f,b,s,s in it and i need to know some info and what people think about air to juice

peace :cool:

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Air can do anything hydraulics can do.
Although it is harder to do a few of the moves...
like 3 wheel and hopping.
Air is more comfortable, doesnt fill your ride up with oil when shit leaks,
dont need a shitload of batteries to always need charging.
I put an Ultima battery in the trunk of mine, and bought a battery isolator, so it charges off my alternator, and doesnt add any load to my
40 year old wiring!!!!!!!!!
Its just preference. There are diehard juice fans that say dro's are the only way, and diehard airbag people that laugh at those stiff ass cars going down the street.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh@Jan 31 2003, 07:00 AM
Air can do anything hydraulics can do.
Although it is harder to do a few of the moves...
like 3 wheel and hopping.
Air is more comfortable, doesnt fill your ride up with oil when shit leaks,
dont need a shitload of batteries to always need charging.
I put an Ultima battery in the trunk of mine, and bought a battery isolator, so it charges off my alternator, and doesnt add any load to my
40 year old wiring!!!!!!!!!
Its just preference. There are diehard juice fans that say dro's are the only way, and diehard airbag people that laugh at those stiff ass cars going down the street.
and die hard juice fans laugh at those cars, suv's, and trucks that sound like a moble tire shop or a moble machine shop going down the road!!!! :biggrin: :roflmao:

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
I love air for the ride. dros for the speed. Cant have the best of both worlds. I got a complete set if interested PM me.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by LOBO MEMBER@Jan 31 2003, 02:11 PM

and die hard juice fans laugh at those cars, suv's, and trucks that sound like a moble tire shop or a moble machine shop going down the road!!!! :biggrin: :roflmao:
Ya, it does sound like shit...
I have mufflers on my dumps though, makes a HUGE difference...

M

·
0 Posts
Well a credit myself for knowing alot about both areas so here goes on the bags...

you can make a bag setup just as fast as dros, not very hard either. simply put, faster the air moves and goes into the bag, the faster it inflates, the faster the vehicle comes up. a normal 3/8 inch setup is descently quick, nothing impressive, but take the same setup, substract the compressor and airtank, add a regulator and nitrogen tank, and your right there with the dros. although you have to get the tank filled after about 60-70 inflates to one bag, plus you can usually rent a 3 foot tank for around $35 a month, and it cost about $7 to refill..
now, go 1/2 inch lines, 1/2 valves, 1/2 inch ported bags, add nitorgen, and your hopping a few inchs (on most midsize trucks)(in the front i might add)
now, you drop a dime...dual port 1 inch bags, quad 2 position valves per corner, 4 nitorgen tanks and there ain't much out there gonna touch you.
figure it like with air, the setup is just as fast as the next step down with nitrogen. the bigger your tank the more switch time you get, a normal 6 gallon tnak is good for about 10 inflates to one bag, but the setup gets slower the less pressure there is in the tank
-you can go "fast valves" which are also called "3 position", and only need one valve per corner
-or go "2 postion" valves, but you need 2 of them per corner and there less exspensive even buying 2 of them...little more trouble, somewhat faster
-with 4 fast valves, or 8 "2 position" valves, you got f,b,s,s...or individual corners
UPSIDES- less maintenace most of the time, runs off your car battery, half inflated bags give a damn good ride
DOWNSIDES- WINTER!!! water in the system can freeze,(blow your compressor out on a regular basis and it's usually not a problem) valves sometimes get to cold to work, gotta let them warm up, compressors noise gets annoying after awhile, air leaks easier then hydro fluid, plus the leak is harder to find (pay attention to detail the first time and your good for awhile, air isn't anywhere as close to abusive on hardware as fluid), clearance for the bags (not a very big deal if you pay attention the first time)

thats an overlay for you, anymore questions i'll be glad to help you out, just lemme know

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by Motion989@Feb 3 2003, 06:41 AM
Well a credit myself for knowing alot about both areas so here goes on the bags...

you can make a bag setup just as fast as dros, not very hard either. simply put, faster the air moves and goes into the bag, the faster it inflates, the faster the vehicle comes up. a normal 3/8 inch setup is descently quick, nothing impressive, but take the same setup, substract the compressor and airtank, add a regulator and nitrogen tank, and your right there with the dros. although you have to get the tank filled after about 60-70 inflates to one bag, plus you can usually rent a 3 foot tank for around $35 a month, and it cost about $7 to refill..
now, go 1/2 inch lines, 1/2 valves, 1/2 inch ported bags, add nitorgen, and your hopping a few inchs (on most midsize trucks)(in the front i might add)
now, you drop a dime...dual port 1 inch bags, quad 2 position valves per corner, 4 nitorgen tanks and there ain't much out there gonna touch you.
figure it like with air, the setup is just as fast as the next step down with nitrogen. the bigger your tank the more switch time you get, a normal 6 gallon tnak is good for about 10 inflates to one bag, but the setup gets slower the less pressure there is in the tank
-you can go "fast valves" which are also called "3 position", and only need one valve per corner
-or go "2 postion" valves, but you need 2 of them per corner and there less exspensive even buying 2 of them...little more trouble, somewhat faster
-with 4 fast valves, or 8 "2 position" valves, you got f,b,s,s...or individual corners
UPSIDES- less maintenace most of the time, runs off your car battery, half inflated bags give a damn good ride
DOWNSIDES- WINTER!!! water in the system can freeze,(blow your compressor out on a regular basis and it's usually not a problem) valves sometimes get to cold to work, gotta let them warm up, compressors noise gets annoying after awhile, air leaks easier then hydro fluid, plus the leak is harder to find (pay attention to detail the first time and your good for awhile, air isn't anywhere as close to abusive on hardware as fluid), clearance for the bags (not a very big deal if you pay attention the first time)

thats an overlay for you, anymore questions i'll be glad to help you out, just lemme know
yeah but bags you can't constantly go up and down or side to side like hydros

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Feb 8 2003, 07:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Feb 8 2003, 07:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dayton roller@Feb 8 2003, 01:21 PM

Whatever man. Get on your big wheel and ride away....[/b][/quote]
big wheels not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my ride got 4 13 inch wheels thank you

Y

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Feb 8 2003, 01:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Feb 8 2003, 01:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--dayton roller@Feb 8 2003, 01:21 PM

Whatever man. Get on your big wheel and ride away....[/b][/quote]
trust me i have bags with 1/2" fast valves and nitrogen and i can move just as fast as my boys juiced impala

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by dayton roller+Feb 8 2003, 01:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dayton roller @ Feb 8 2003, 01:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2003, 07:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--dayton roller
@Feb 8 2003, 01:21 PM

Whatever man. Get on your big wheel and ride away....
my ride got 4 13 inch wheels thank you[/b][/quote]
I've been asking for 2 weeks to see a picture of your car....
what, you dont have a camera??

Attachments

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Feb 8 2003, 07:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Feb 8 2003, 07:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -dayton [email protected] 8 2003, 01:35 PM

what, you dont have a camera??[/b][/quote]
man i got pics of my ride but they are old i will take alot more when i get my digital camera my truck has change alot since i took them old pics.
i'm working on my silverado also so i will post both of them for you.
o yeah lets see your ride?

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by dayton roller+Feb 9 2003, 11:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dayton roller @ Feb 9 2003, 11:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2003, 07:38 PM

man i got pics of my ride but they are old i will take alot more when i get my digital camera my truck has change alot since i took them old pics.
o yeah lets see your ride?[/b][/quote]
Ive posted many pictures of my car in different forums...

or check it out on my website...

http://www.alloldchevy.com

Its a 64 Impala SS, air suspension waiting to get put on, some 14 inch wires on the way....
check it out, you might like it
:biggrin:

Last edited by bigdanmcintosh at Feb 9 2003, 06:37 PM

·
Registered
619 Posts
bags can move just as fast as a small hydro set up, hopr sides... also for the winter you install a water trap between the pumps and the tanks and that takes care of teh water in the lines during the winter old cold days, just remember to hit the purge on the wter trap regularly during the winter so that the water trap casing doesn't crack.. with these water is no longer a problem

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Feb 10 2003, 12:36 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Feb 10 2003, 12:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -dayton [email protected] 9 2003, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2003, 07:38 PM

o yeah lets see your ride?
Ive posted many pictures of my car in different forums...

or check it out on my website...

http://www.alloldchevy.com

Its a 64 Impala SS, air suspension waiting to get put on, some 14 inch wires on the way....
check it out, you might like it
:biggrin:[/b][/quote]
i like the 64 :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,403 Posts
Originally posted by Kenny13z3@Aug 4 2003, 05:53 PM
hydros hopp higher then bags ever will...
that was a smart answere what's it bases on i bet if me and big dan had a truck we could fuck with we could get it to sit bumper and posibly flip you gotta remember when hydrose whent main stream they hopped on beer bottles now they hop over themselves bags will be there very soon hydrose are limited by the hight of the car

1 - 20 of 22 Posts