LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have a Traxxas TMAXX Nitro powered RC truck. I am looking to put adjustabel suspension on it. I want air or juice it doesnt matter. Do they make a hydro system for somethign this small? anything i can addapt? how about air? thats fine too ..... someone please help me out these RC clowns dont know shit about lowridin LoL

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
hell no i dont think they make cylinders and pumps that wud fit. maybe air, i thing lego makes pneumakit cylinders, but ude hav to make a rc compresor, make the junky on off switches rc, and they only go in and out maybe 1/2 inch, so bud i think ule have to use servos, a guy on here made a rc wit adgustable suspension using servos loox so tite works great. dont remeber his name maybe he will reply

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
depending on how stiff the suspension is you could probably run motors and string like on the hoppers but instead of running the string under the car and back up...... run it up and then down. so that when the motor cranks the string in it compresses the suspension and when you loosen the string the shocks and springs automatically lets the truck back up on its own.

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea that might work but the suspension is pretty stiff ... ive never built a "hydraulic" model before but i think i know what you mena about the strings ... i thinks they'd snap ... could i use high test fishing wire? do you have a pic or somethign i could use as a template?
thanks for the advice

oh btw your 63 is absolutely the sickest creation i have ever seen ... wanan buyild me a 64? i will pay$$$$$$ I want one to match my car!

Last edited by wayne64ss at Nov 13 2003, 09:17 PM

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
no problem man.
that would probably be one of the easiest ways of doing it.
Jevries will probably be able to help you on it alot more than me.
he's the "Motorized Master" around here. ;)
as far as a diagram or template goes, i cant really help you there since i dont have one of the trucks here in front of me to disect and look at.

pretty much what you are going to be doing is a pulley system sorta thing. the motors will sit low like in the chassis and the strings will run up and over something maybe the body mount brackets or something similar. the run down around the bottom of your differentials.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by wayne64ss@Nov 13 2003, 09:20 PM
yea it is fully independat suspension all aroudn so i could have 4 motors with pulleys and run the strings up over th body mounts and to eaech individual a arm????
yeah, you'd have to do it like that. which is cool because you'd have individual control just like having 4 pumps in your trunk.

oh btw your 63 is absolutely the sickest creation i have ever seen ... wanan buyild me a 64? i will pay$$$$$$ I want one to match my car!
Thanks Man!
i didnt see that part on there earlier. :biggrin:
you'd shit if i told you how much i have tied up in that thing right there. lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts