LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
5,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alrite i was on hoppin hydros and the 39.99 chassis looks pretty good..ne of u have it or have used it?? comments?? yay or nay?? Chassis: Four Motor Ready To Go Dancer Chassis

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
i had one to and after i installed it the damn motors and shit burned out i was pissed but the one you put together yourself is hella better.

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
It only burns out if you use 9.6v and are hittin switches for 30 secs or more nonstop, happened to me. There was smoke coming from the motor. But if youre easy on it with 9.6v, nothing will burn out. I have a 4 motor dancer chassis with a 70 impala body and 20" diamonds, they work together perfectly, nice rear wheel tuck, and I use 9.6v. ;) ;)

·
Registered
753 Posts
Originally posted by The Modeling Pimp@Sep 16 2003, 04:59 PM
i have it

i was not impressed at all with it :angry:

the damn thing never worked right
i have one of those kits. and i am not impressed with it either i had it for less than a week and i had to change all the switches. then tha next week i ended up changing all tha motors. plus i couldnt get it to hop. i was using tha 6 volt battery that is sold for it. im just glad i got it off of ebay for 12.99 (brand new in package fyi). and didnt fork out tha 39.99 for it. but i did have to buy tha battery kit and i payed full price for it 29.99. oh yeah and the motors i changed are now burnt out except for 1. but i guess i was hitting them switches too much. them motors was burnnin up, smoke commin out and the chassis kinda melted on the bottom :cool:

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
Originally posted by Soggydoggie@Sep 16 2003, 07:11 PM
" gettin creative with some shit on it" .... ?? ..... Ok Homie. what's the skinny? .... do tell :)
the most i will say for now is that it might involve one of my extra 10 switch boxes out of my car by time i get done with it ;)

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
My Hoppin Hydros chassis is pretty shit, a friend bought it in Canada for $40CAND and he didn't have anything to put it in, so I will put it in my 64 Impala and hop that shit.

I still got the problem with the strings tightening up too much to be used again, you have to loosen them then you can use that certain wheel again...etc etc

·
Registered
9,614 Posts
Why are people using 9.6V on those small motors? I only use 6V and I can (bunny)hop my cars....without burning out motors.

Lijes gettin' stuck is a common problem there aresome options use brass bars so the line runs smoothly over it another thing you could try with HH kit is drill other holes so that the line gets a better angle so it will slip more easilly.
Best thing would be when the line only hits one spot. ;)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Originally posted by The Mad Modeler@Sep 16 2003, 08:20 PM
i'm building one right now. its my first hopper :biggrin:
well, i basing it off the basic kit and getting creative with some shit on it. ;)
Can't wait to see what it looks like. :biggrin: :biggrin:

-twin

·
Registered
434 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Sep 17 2003, 12:36 AM
Why are people using 9.6V on those small motors? I only use 6V and I can (bunny)hop my cars....without burning out motors.

Jevries what kind of battery pak do u use. And were could I get one.

-twin

Last edited by twin at Sep 17 2003, 06:32 AM

·
Registered
11,843 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Sep 17 2003, 12:51 PM
I use old style camcorder accupacks...they are good in price and I already had a quickcharger for it. But you can get nice 6V or 7.2V accupacks at an RC shop. ;)
i use rc car batterys- 7.2v. i also have a charger that takes just 30 minutes for full charge, but i normally do 10-15.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Originally posted by jevries@Sep 17 2003, 07:51 AM
I use old style camcorder accupacks...they are good in price and I already had a quickcharger for it. But you can get nice 6V or 7.2V accupacks at an RC shop. ;)
Thanx for the info. I think I will look for one with a quick charger.

-twin

1 - 20 of 20 Posts