LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 fleetwood im gettin ready to put back together. i took it apart to wrap the frame and reinforce, and chrome everything. im going to kandy paint my frame as well as airbrush it. my problem is that on a few of my cars ive had in the past that when i would three wheel, it would eventually leave a wear mark on the side of my frame on the corner i dropped. why does it do this and how can i avoid it so i dont chip the kandy and airbrushing off?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by Spreadin Jealousy@Jul 31 2005, 12:18 PM
I have a 93 fleetwood im gettin ready to put back together.  i took it apart to wrap the frame and reinforce,  and chrome everything. im  going to kandy paint my frame as well as airbrush it.  my  problem is that on a few of my cars ive had in the past that when i would three wheel, it would eventually leave a wear mark on the side of my frame on the corner i dropped.  why does it do this and how can i avoid it so i dont chip the kandy and airbrushing off?
[snapback]3515091[/snapback]​
Are you talking about the mark where you tire is rubbing the frame?

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Aug 2 2005, 01:23 PM
Sounds like it
[snapback]3528612[/snapback]​
I guess the solution would be no rollin 3's......or at least don't lean it as much.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeb62@Aug 2 2005, 02:02 PM
try wheel spacers.
[snapback]3528901[/snapback]​
Then there's the problem of the tires rubbing the inside of the body when riding low.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Originally posted by Spreadin Jealousy@Jul 31 2005, 02:18 PM
I have a 93 fleetwood im gettin ready to put back together.  i took it apart to wrap the frame and reinforce,  and chrome everything. im  going to kandy paint my frame as well as airbrush it.  my  problem is that on a few of my cars ive had in the past that when i would three wheel, it would eventually leave a wear mark on the side of my frame on the corner i dropped.  why does it do this and how can i avoid it so i dont chip the kandy and airbrushing off?
[snapback]3515091[/snapback]​

are u talkin about where the frame rubs on top of the brake drum thats where my regal rubs the frame when up on 3

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
i would say no rolling threes homie or like previously stated dont raise it up as high

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by tufly@Aug 2 2005, 06:45 PM
are u talkin about where the frame rubs on top of the brake drum thats where my regal rubs the frame when up on 3
[snapback]3530431[/snapback]​

I FIGURED IT WASNT THE TIRE BC IT LOOKS LIKE A METAL TO METAL RUB THAT LOKS LIKE ITS WEARING INTO THE FRAME SO HOW DO I FIX IT

·
Registered
10,635 Posts
Originally posted by Spreadin Jealousy@Aug 3 2005, 08:44 AM
DAM EVERY TURN I TAKE IS ON 3
[snapback]3533160[/snapback]​
then stop!

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by Mikeb62@Aug 2 2005, 03:02 PM
try wheel spacers.
[snapback]3528901[/snapback]​
You can't on the Big Bodi Fleets b/c of the width clearance on the rear wheels. We already have to run ..x6's in the rear.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by Spreadin Jealousy@Aug 3 2005, 08:44 AM
DAM EVERY TURN I TAKE IS ON 3
[snapback]3533160[/snapback]​
I feel ya, I'm the same way. Its hard not to. Like someone else said, don't lean it as hard. Your gonna have to get a feel for it, which comes w/ practice. However, a frame that has Kandy & artwork isn't exactly when you wanna be practicing.
Not leaning as hard is gonna result in a 3 thats not as high. You can compensate that a few ways by changing up things a little.

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by Spreadin Jealousy@Aug 3 2005, 07:44 AM
I FIGURED IT WASNT THE TIRE BC  IT LOOKS LIKE A METAL TO METAL  RUB THAT LOKS LIKE ITS WEARING  INTO THE FRAME  SO HOW DO I FIX IT
[snapback]3533157[/snapback]​
Like Tufly said it could be the edge of the your drum. check the drum for signs of wear.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Originally posted by Lac of Respect@Aug 3 2005, 08:58 AM
Like Tufly said it could be the edge of the your drum.  check the drum for signs of wear.
[snapback]3533225[/snapback]​
If this is the problem, just take the drum covers to a machine shop, have them put them on a mill & take off about an inch. Easy fix if this is the problem....

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 3 2005, 07:51 AM
You can't on the Big Bodi Fleets b/c of the width clearance on the rear wheels. We already have to run ..x6's in the rear.
[snapback]3533190[/snapback]​
14X7's with 175/75's work real nice as well. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,918 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Aug 3 2005, 08:10 AM
Lac, you running 14x7's in the rear??????????
[snapback]3533284[/snapback]​
Hell yeah. Still sits low and tires don't rub the inside of body anymore.
I used to 185/75's and those were shitty tires to have.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts