LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
5,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
your entire rim and tire size when its stock should not be smaller than your new rims and tires...you know what im sayin like the car would look alright if u got some bigger rims with smaller tires that r the same over all size of the stoke ones....but i would still rather go with the rule of getting 1 size smaller rims than stock..... :puffin:

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by lowdown64ss@Nov 8 2003, 06:15 PM
your entire rim and tire size when its stock should not be smaller than your new rims and tires...you know what im sayin like the car would look alright if u got some bigger rims with smaller tires that r the same over all size of the stoke ones....but i would still rather go with the rule of getting 1 size smaller rims than stock..... :puffin:
I thought that was the whole point to going with a bigger wheel, keep the same diameter of the original tire-wheel combo. I guess some people are big wheel happy. Sad how some don't realize that putting too big wheels on their rides makes them look stupid. :uh:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
That rule actually does exist. It's called Plus-1 and Plus-2 sizing (and sometimes Plus-3). It goes like this...

Take Plus-1 sizing for example... you increase your whell diameter by 1", add 10-mm to your tire width, and decrease your aspect ratio by 10%.

Plus-sizing is pretty much rule of thumb in order to not GREATLY affect speedo/odo calibration.

P

·
0 Posts
I wasnt informed of these rules :uh:

Smaller the wheel...Less work to get it on the ground..Forgot...most of you dont lay on the ground..

Bigger wheels...ALOT more work to get them on and still lay out

;) Little News Flash

Anyone can bolt on 13s

·
Banned
49,003 Posts
safety first

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by Pleasuresburban@Nov 9 2003, 07:57 AM

Smaller the wheel...Less work to get it on the ground..Forgot...most of you dont lay on the ground..

;) Little News Flash

Anyone can bolt on 13s
245/40-17's and it lays, baby! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Originally posted by Pleasuresburban@Nov 9 2003, 05:57 AM

;) Little News Flash

Anyone can bolt on 13s
anyone can put huge rims on a car and call it a day not everyone can bulid a low rider

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Originally posted by RockSlanger@Nov 9 2003, 12:17 PM
anyone can put small rims on a car and call it a day too...its actually much easier...you can do it with 1 paycheck
yea but can anyone bulid a low rider if i wanted to i could a system and big rims on car and call it day anyone can do that but not just anyone can bulid a low rider

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by Pleasuresburban@Nov 9 2003, 05:57 AM

;) Little News Flash

Anyone can bolt on 13s
not me i had the grind the pins on my calipers :biggrin:

P

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by hoppin91lac+Nov 9 2003, 11:14 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hoppin91lac @ Nov 9 2003, 11:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Pleasuresburban@Nov 9 2003, 05:57 AM
I wasnt informed of these rules  :uh:

;)  Little News Flash

Anyone can bolt on 13s
anyone can put huge rims on a car and call it a day not everyone can bulid a low rider[/b][/quote]
<--fell on the floor

P

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by RockSlanger@Nov 9 2003, 12:17 PM
anyone can put small rims on a car and call it a day too...its actually much easier...you can do it with 1 paycheck
True..Very True

W

·
0 Posts
you guys have no clue what the hell your talking about 13s are stupid if you think thats custom your crazy and bolting them on is nothing special cars come with 15s nows so how is putting on a 13 custom and to the girl that thinks building a lowrider is great you need to go home putting 22s and making it lay body is a lot of work you all need to take your mexi stuff and leave

P

·
0 Posts
Look Hear you little fuckin beaners, anyone can put on a set of fuckin 13" wires on their fuckin ride and call it custom..why dont you just fuckin walk your ass down to Pepboys and buy some fuckin spinning hubcaps for your stock wheels...youll still be better off ..and with a bigger wheel...you all need to learn something here..and that something is..that you fuckin bean eating bouncing car building fucks dont know shit about custom

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by phatassmuthafucka@Nov 9 2003, 10:17 PM
Look Hear you little fuckin beaners, anyone can put on a set of fuckin 13" wires on their fuckin ride and call it custom..why dont you just fuckin walk your ass down to Pepboys and buy some fuckin spinning hubcaps for your stock wheels...youll still be better off ..and with a bigger wheel...you all need to learn something here..and that something is..that you fuckin bean eating bouncing car building fucks dont know shit about custom
couldn't have said it any better myself.... :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
you guys are stupid fucks if you dont think lowriders are custom. alot of lowriders have more work and time into them then alot of trucks. seems like everyone who has a sport truck has someone else do all the air bags, shaving etc. im not talking shit because i work on trucks with 20s and bags all day long. but i have 13s on my car. its also completly shaved has bags and a loud ass system and i have done all the work. respect what you dont know because what you dont know will hurt you.

L

·
0 Posts
HOLY SHIT check out them 13s DAMN them are the shit. I have RIMS that are bigger than your WHEEL AND TIRE COMBINED!!!! Go tuck 6in or so of a 20in rim then call me. Yeah 13s went out with the chrome fender trim and gold mirrors. Take ur grandpappys car and throw 20s on it and tuck em, then well talk.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.