LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

tilt front ends

966 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  NEXT LEVEL 
#1 ·
how do they do it what kind of hinge

#5 ·
my cutty was already done up with the front tilt when io got and it seemed like they did it w/ a house door hinge on the front of the frame on both sides and then molded it into the frame. was kinda ghetto but it worked great.
heres the only pic of it i have w/ the front on tilt.

#7 ·
Originally posted by ricecrispy210@Aug 14 2005, 07:05 AM~3615054
i like it did it come as a convertible

yeah all the body mods were done when i bought it. heres some more pics

#8 ·
Originally posted by ricecrispy210@Aug 13 2005, 12:38 PM~3610073
56 chevy truck
every car is different...basic idea, involve cutting, welding, and fabricating

look for where your radiator support mounts to your frame.
"remount you radiator by some other method"

the front clip of the car must be able to stay in one piece

hinges to the fenders etc for support, radiator mount contains grill and frontal fender mounts...and of couse you bumber< which in most cases come to contact with frame. if all these element are in place....

then next is clearance. solve this by chopping your fender or series of gas shocks or hydraulics to slide your front end foward so lower fender avoids body.

for example on a 64..the bumber support mounts to the frame using two bolts on each frontal frame.

keeping in mind the the whole front end is mounted solid and supported by the front fender mount to the radiator and inner support bar,grill, and hood latch, all is attached to bumber bracket, wheel wells ,the bumber of course.

once the radiator is detached and remounted by it self,remove one of the bumper mount bolts from the frame, one closest to the engine. remove all attached bolts from fender firewall and were fender attaches on bottom...

you will have a tilt front...you can use your bumper mount as a slider for the body to go foward and custom fit gas shocks or hydraulic cylinders...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.