LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 78 camaro but engine is not the original its a 305 out of a buick maybe? but im not for sure how the wires go on the distributor cap or if i have the rotor set right. how is it suppose to be set up? anyone got any pictures, links an answer??? any and all responses will be helpful. oh.. i have a brand new holley carb on there also new cap new rotor new everything. thanks

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
it sounds like it wants to start but wont fire. so im guessin either the wires are on the distributor wrong or the timing is not set right. what is it ?!?!

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
do you have the firing order correct?
are all the plug wires firmly connected?
is the carb getting gas?
is there voltage to the distribuitor?

check those things first..

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
carb is gettin gas, not dor sre on the firing order, thats what im wantin to know, plugs all the way in, and dont know bout the voltage to the dist.? how can i check???

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2 is the firing order, going clockwise around the cap..

also helps to be sure that the rotor is indeed pointing to position #1 on the cap when cylinder 1 is on TDC compression stroke...

to check for voltage, well, I'm not sure what color the wire will be, so you can always get a spark tester at the parts store, and use that to see if theres spark.. if you have spark, then you have power..

sometimes the little modules inside the HEI burn up also..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts