LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

tips on storing wheels

826 views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  3wheelnlincoln 
#1 ·
I'm taking off me wheels tommorow got any tips for storing them. i thought i heard something about wd-40?

#5 ·
I've tried the wd40 thing, didn't really like it. I prefer regular soap and water, seems to leave them much cleaner. With the prices of wheels these days, (spokes of course) not much need for taking care of them, might as well buy a new wheel or 2 every summer. :biggrin:

#8 ·
the wd40 seems to break down the dust-grime on the rim, but I don't think it shines the same. If you have juice, you should be able to get a new rim or two every couple of years. If your rims don't last that long from normal washing etc, you might be doing something wrong.

#9 ·
Originally posted by 94Fleetwood@Dec 5 2003, 11:36 AM
the wd40 seems to break down the dust-grime on the rim, but I don't think it shines the same. If you have juice, you should be able to get a new rim or two every couple of years. If your rims don't last that long from normal washing etc, you might be doing something wrong.
i've had them on my ride for a month and a half and its gonna start snowing and they will put salt down and i don't want it eating the chrome. i don't thimk theres anything wrong with that.

#11 ·
Originally posted by originales@Dec 5 2003, 02:02 PM
hes asking about storing them, not cleaning them,,, yes it will wash off just fine when you pull them back out,,i had a set of daytons in storage for 10 years coated with wd-40 so people can argue it all they want, i know it works... peace..
thanks man

#12 ·
my rides parked out side in the cold n rain and i coated them with wd a few weeks ago and so far the water just seems to runn of and theres no signs of rust whatsoever ,i did use a whole can of wd for all 4 wheels tho

#13 ·
Originally posted by stevie d@Dec 6 2003, 04:15 PM
my rides parked out side in the cold n rain and i coated them with wd a few weeks ago and so far the water just seems to runn of and theres no signs of rust whatsoever ,i did use a whole can of wd for all 4 wheels tho
:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

#15 ·
WD-40 will crack your seals in the long run, use baby oil or the synthetic oil. WD-40 eats grease and is a solvent, you don't want that shit on your seals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.