LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I have 14x7's up front and 14x6's in the back of my ride. Ever since I Reinforced the frame, lower control arms, and added a chainbridge my tire keep exploding. I am running 185/75 since the 175/70 (?) kept wearing every two months. I cant keep buying tires every two months. I have had the car out since June til now on brand new tires and have had to replace them all by now. What is happeing is the weight of the car is causing the sidewalls to bubble (like they should) but they heat up and then explode on the inner sidewall. The car weighs close to 6000lbs........What are some solutions to this problem? I would really appreciate the help. I always check the car and keep the proper amount of psi in the ride.... Thanks....

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I'm pretty sure those 14" tires probably aren't rated for a 3 ton vehicle. That would bug the shit out of me 'cause I average a little over 2000 miles a month. Some people with 13's and 14's DO have to change their tires every month or two. For some, that's just how it is. Some of it depends on your tire choice too. You may have to upgrade your tires to something that can handle that load rating. What kind of tires are they, by the way?

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well so far it has been just the passenger side tires...... The tires I had were Ultimates AWR's...... I got Goodwrench Concords for the back this time. I was thinking about going 205/70's which would not be muc hbigger but would be rated at 1433 instead of my current 1045~

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
That's more like it. You should have MUCH better luck with these. Make you you keep that tire pressure up.

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Aug 5 2003, 01:55 PM
That's more like it. You should have MUCH better luck with these. Make you you keep that tire pressure up.
Much better luck with what? The tire brand or the tire size of 205/70's? just making sure....thanks for the help

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by djtwigsta+Aug 5 2003, 03:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (djtwigsta @ Aug 5 2003, 03:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Aug 5 2003, 01:55 PM
That's more like it.  You should have MUCH better luck with these.  Make you you keep that tire pressure up.
Much better luck with what? The tire brand or the tire size of 205/70's? just making sure....thanks for the help[/b][/quote]
Whichever tire was rated at 1433 lbs. For a 3-ton car, the "1045's" would never cut it.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Originally posted by djtwigsta@Aug 5 2003, 08:56 AM
I was thinking about going 205/70's which would not be muc hbigger but would be rated at 1433 instead of my current 1045~
Might as well get a all terrain tire to run that size :twak:

·
Registered
14,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know...tell me about it. So speaking the obvious what is your solution to the problem. Just buy new tires every couple of months..... :uh:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Originally posted by djtwigsta@Aug 5 2003, 05:48 PM
I know...tell me about it. So speaking the obvious what is your solution to the problem. Just buy new tires every couple of months..... :uh:
No. Just keep in mind the weight of your car and get the correct tires / size for that weight. There's safety to consider also. I don't need you to be making a right turn, your tire blows from the lateral force, 'causing you to plow into MY shit. I know, insurance will take care of my shit but, hell, man, I'm trying to get to work. :biggrin:

·
Banned
1,572 Posts
what are Hercules tire and Remingtons rated at? what tires at the people running who have 13's on a big-body limo? It might be something else going on here, alignment? there is a guy on this site that had a lincoln Limo he might know a thing or two about tires for heave ass cars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts