LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Run the 185/75/14. Manufacturers still make them 175 a lot of manufacturers discontinued making that size in a whitewalls

·
Registered
9 Posts
Waiting on my 14x7's to be delivered. I'm curious if theres any pics of 14s on 175/70/14 and 175/75/14.
I’m curious as well, looks like everyone is posting 185’s though. Me personally I plan on going 520’s and 14’s, not sure on the specs of the 520’s but seems to be the best combo for 14’s imo, compared to what’s available in a 14 white wall tire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Run the 185/75/14. Manufacturers still make them 175 a lot of manufacturers discontinued making that size in a whitewalls
Just curious is there a reason the size is being discontinued? I found a set on Amazon just still deciding on whether I get them or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’m curious as well, looks like everyone is posting 185’s though. Me personally I plan on going 520’s and 14’s, not sure on the specs of the 520’s but seems to be the best combo for 14’s imo, compared to what’s available in a 14 white wall tire.
Ya I was thinking maybe some Coker 5.20 14s also they seem to be more the look I want for my Caprice.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Just curious is there a reason the size is being discontinued? I found a set on Amazon just still deciding on whether I get them or not.
It’s just manufacturers have discontinued that size in whitewalls over 15 years ago 🤷🏻‍♂️ I know you can get them black walls but next size up are the 185/75/14. As you can see in the pictures there not bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It’s just manufacturers have discontinued that size in whitewalls over 15 years ago 🤷🏻‍♂️ I know you can get them black walls but next size up are the 185/75/14. As you can see in the pictures there not bad.
There are still a few I found, Suretrac, Remington, and Travelstar all have 175/70/R14 whitewalls.

·
Registered
76 Posts
my brother got some firestone blackwall 165/70/14 and got them cut in and white wall'd with a 5/8 white wall and they look sick as fuck.....some guy on facebook in el cajon,ca did them and guarentees the whitewall wont fade or chip for 90 days reguardless how much you drive......he's had them for a month now and only rides his 68 impala on the weekends and tires look badass...just another option.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my brother got some firestone blackwall 165/70/14 and got them cut in and white wall'd with a 5/8 white wall and they look sick as fuck.....some guy on facebook in el cajon,ca did them and guarentees the whitewall wont fade or chip for 90 days reguardless how much you drive......he's had them for a month now and only rides his 68 impala on the weekends and tires look badass...just another option.
Any pics?

·
Registered
15 Posts
The difference is 520 look Great and are a 4 ply tire , not a Radial tire. Check ebay I believe you can find a 175 75 14 radial with a White wall , MileStars has a 175 75R 14 for about $375.00 a sets , I have 205 70R 15 and look great not bulky lookin. Check this out the set of 4 X New Suretrac Power Touring 175/70R14 84S Performance All-Season Tire , or Remington tires
[/QUOTE

1 - 15 of 15 Posts