LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, I got 13x7's for my 64, The cops around here like to hassle about the size of your tires and shit because they got nothing better to do. I was thinking about getting 175/70's. does anyone know if they rub when the car is dumped or am I going to have to get 155/80's.

thanx

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz@Nov 8 2003, 12:10 AM
ok, I got 13x7's for my 64, The cops around here like to hassle about the size of your tires and shit because they got nothing better to do. I was thinking about getting 175/70's. does anyone know if they rub when the car is dumped or am I going to have to get 155/80's.

thanx
175/70's shouldn't rub. They're a little more lower profile and wider than 155/80's. I've used both, but then again I've never had them on a 64. Oh, also the max weight rating on the 175/70's is higher than the 155/80's (I'm sure you know, but cops look for that when they wanna fuck with you with nick nack shit, this seems to be happening with you).

·
Registered
20,447 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz@Nov 8 2003, 12:16 AM
hasn't happened to me yet, but I know people who have been affected.
ha ha, picture this... 1977 Pontiac Bonneville with a 403 engine (picture a 77 caddy just prettier), 12 batts in the trunk, 4 pumps, 2 12 inch subs and 4 amps all on 155/13R13's, lol never been pulled over but then again, never will ;)

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
remember a cop isnt a mechanic so he cant say your car is illegal, and by law they cant keep you there to call a vi inspector with out a warrent, i found that out from a vi inspector...

just remember if you are nice to them they will be nice to you, most of the time

ps
shout out to all the homies up in kelowna and the surounding area... :wave:

·
Registered
5,569 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by milkweed@Nov 8 2003, 02:19 AM
remember a cop isnt a mechanic so he cant say your car is illegal, and by law they cant keep you there to call a vi inspector with out a warrent, i found that out from a vi inspector...

just remember if you are nice to them they will be nice to you, most of the time

ps
;)

·
KTownSwangin
8,664 Posts
Originally posted by skandalouz+Nov 8 2003, 11:54 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (skandalouz @ Nov 8 2003, 11:54 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--milkweed@Nov 8 2003, 02:19 AM

ps
;)[/b][/quote]
get the 155s,if you dont like them Ill take them off your hands, Ill be chewin them up all summer....was up milkweed :wave:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts