LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i was out and about getting estimates on bodywork and paint while i came across one guy with one question.

"since i cant afford the expensive job id liek now, what can i do to this oxidation to make it shine again?"

He replied saying to use any tire glaze or wet. Like black magik or the like.

Now, after he replied i asked if it would hurt any future paint jobs due to the silicone saturating into the paint. Could cause future paint problems is what i thought. But he said it wouldnt

so i tried it a few times in less conspicuous areas and it looks decent.

Anyone here tried this or can confirm the damage it could cause for the future? Ive already made the big mistake of using WD40 on the paint to get a cheap shine :(

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Get a "Tag on me sticker" in the back and front window and put it in the ghetto? Theyll make it look a hell of alot better then that greasy shit your putting on it.

:dunno:

·
Registered
15 Posts
the best thing to do if u wanna get a shine out of ur paint is to buff it with a high speed buffer while using a heavy duty compound, this always brings out a shine with dull and oxidized paint, it wont be perfect but it will look way much better then no shine. tire dressing or any type of dressing on the dull paint wont hurt future paint jobs, a good paint job reqeirs sanding down and that sound be more then enuff to get the dressing off thus it comes off just by washing it off.

Last edited by caddydeville at Nov 27 2003, 01:41 AM

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by /\Chris/\@Nov 25 2003, 11:21 PM
Get a "Tag on me sticker" in the back and front window and put it in the ghetto? Theyll make it look a hell of alot better then that greasy shit your putting on it.

:dunno:
lol lol lol lol!!
i like this idea!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts