LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
$0.02 From a Rider since birth!

Down Goes LRM, 1ST Round K/O by Street Customs!!! Over the past Few Years LRM Has Become 2 thing's,,,,,, Black and White Classifieds! 2 I now only use it for
nothing more than "Something I would start a camp fire with"! They also dis-
respect Me, My City, and the Entire Midwest month after month! ;) I'll explain......

First off, Why is it that 99% of the actual vehicles featured have 13' & 14" Wheels
wrapped in Whitewall Tires, but 75 out of 100 pages are filled with 20" wheel ads?

I understand that SoCal is the Mecca of "Low Riders" and I respect that. Naturally most of the features in LRM will be from CA. Kansas City has Low Low's!
Guess what other cities do? All of them OK! I firmly believe that a "Low-Rider"
only has wire wheels and white walled tires, with an adjustable suspension powered by hydraulic eqipment, PERIOD!! Example: A Surfing Magazine does not feature Skateborders, packed with Water Ski ads, Although similar these sports are lightyears apart! So why does LRM continue to showcase cars that should be in Car Audio Magazine, Truckin' Magazine (the SUV's), Dupont Registry, and
Dub Magazine? Don't ever claim to be the offical publication for the Sport of Low-Riding again please! You should have big redletters atop the Cover that states,,,,,,,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WARNING WARNING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
" IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR LOW-RIDER VEHICLES ONLY BUY STREET CUSTOMS
MAGAZINE BECAUSE IT IS ALL COLOR, IT'S NOT PACKED WITH WHEELS ADS, FEATURES 100% REAL LOW-RIDERS 9 OUT OF 10 TIMES, AND WILL FEATURE CLASSY SOPHISTICATED VEHICLES FROM MANY DIFFERENT CITIES"

The articles are writtin' by people that drive Honda's home to the Suburbs, They constantly Regals a Cutlass, Monte a Cutlass, They never get a G-Body Grand Prix right, They all look the same I guess! No They Don't!

Look at the latest Issue and see what size rims they said the blue bomb truck has!!
They are clearly not 13's with 155 80 13's,,,We can tell that doin' 70Mph from the opposite side of the Interstate at night!!! They feature a clean ass 63 vert named
O.G. 63, 1 problem though! 2 years ago a very worthy 63 coupe from KC, owned by a Guy named Greg Armstrong was featured and what's The name of Greg's
$75,000 Low-Rider named???? OG 63. Have They ever featured 2 different "SouthSide 58's"? or 2 different "Altered Images"? Hell no!
When ever You do showcase a car from MO, IL, OH, etc. why do they have Air Bag's and 20's with stock paint and 10 TV's? We also have real Low-Rider's You don't have a problem finding us at check in time when it's time to entry fee's!!!!
Then the wack ass "WEDDING PHOTO GUY" snaps all the wrong cars!
What happened to Nathan Trujillo??? He knows what cars were the talk of the show!

Last thing for now,,, Don't You have a Magazine called "Low-Rider Bike"? You put pictures of 64 impala's in there do Ya? I respect the bikes, I have a few but put them in Your Bike Magazine, maybe You could showcase more Low Low's in you only removed 150 pages of black and white ads! I think you put the Ugliest Damn Wanna-Be Low-Riders in the mail box just to make The Midwest look like the capitol of frontwheel drive cars with bolt on's just to be an Ass, who ever pick the photo's for the mail box section need's to be let go! Or transfer this person to
Low-Rider Euro, the other junk Publication.....

Street Custom's has you Down for the Count You Greedy Mainstreamer's!
You just lost a 25 year customer who never missed an issue!!!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who chooses SCM's ad's?
They don't make a fraction of what LRM
does on merchindising, Wal-Mart's full of
official LRM toy's, models, clothes etc.

To them a business, for Me and My kids,
A lifestyle!

What's a ticket now? $25? For what an
N2Deep Concert?

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Originally posted by Cadillac Ed@Aug 8 2005, 08:49 AM~3560061
whoever pays for the adspace is gonna get the adspace.  they dont choose the ads.
so if bobs towing wanted an ad and he was paying for it, you think lowrider would take it? NO because the big rim thing and shit like that is all in the automotive field and you cant tell me you havent seen a lowrider on a trailor with a burban with 22s towing it....thats why, they know it will appeal to enough people to matter. otherwise they wouldnt run them month after month. its like advertising for fram oil filters in a seventeen magazine, sure they will pay for the ad, but wont do a damn bit of good if who your targeting isnt reading it.......

on a side note, has anyone else noticed that in the new lowrider this month the murals depicting nudity have been censored! check it out i cant remember which ride it is, but look, they blurr out the nipples and shit on the models. FIRST time ive ever seen that....

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
i stopped buying LRM along time ago. Like many people on here i got tired of seeing stock cars and cars on 20's and bags. The ads in LRM have been out of hand for more than a few years now. The money they make from shows and merchandise sales should be plenty. Hell, they charge 35 bucks a person to go to a show. Thats pretty damn exspensive if you have a family. Its been 2 years since i have even looked at a LRM and its been that long since i have gone to one of their shows.

·
"Tears Of A Clown"
16,272 Posts
Just like Cadillac Ed stated, whoever purchases the ad space puts whatever they want in there......

I sell 13's and 14's but if I was going to put a ad in LRM you better believe there will be some 20's and up if I sell them......

Yeah I dont like all the ads myself, but its just business, Im not going to stop buying the magazine I just skip over them.........

·
"Tears Of A Clown"
16,272 Posts
I do have to say that the stock cars have to go, take it more lowrider.

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
also, the euro cars need to be in their euro magazine, and i would like to see them feature more lowrider trucks, i know there are plenty of trucks out there that havent been featured and deserve it. They also feature many of the same cars over and over.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Originally posted by USOFAMILY@Aug 8 2005, 06:26 AM~3560138
I do have to say that the stock cars have to go, take it more lowrider.
OG cars are a part of lowriding too. however, anything with blackwall tires belongs in minitruckin magazine - they never had that junk in lrm way back (impalas on 18s/20s?) is it cool now? no it's not.

D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by HAFIAC@Aug 8 2005, 07:47 AM~3560058
$0.02 From a Rider since birth!

Down Goes LRM, 1ST Round K/O by Street Customs!!!  Over the past Few Years LRM Has Become 2 thing's,,,,,, Black and White Classifieds! 2 I now only use it for
nothing more than "Something I would start a camp fire with"! They also dis-
respect Me, My City, and the Entire Midwest month after month! ;) I'll explain......

First off, Why is it that 99% of the actual vehicles featured have 13' & 14" Wheels
wrapped in Whitewall Tires, but 75 out of 100 pages are filled with 20" wheel ads?

I understand that SoCal is the Mecca of "Low Riders" and I respect that. Naturally most of the features in LRM will be from CA. Kansas City has Low Low's!
Guess what other cities do? All of them OK! I firmly believe that a "Low-Rider"
only has wire wheels and white walled tires, with an adjustable suspension powered by hydraulic eqipment, PERIOD!!  Example: A Surfing Magazine does not feature Skateborders, packed with Water Ski ads, Although similar these sports are lightyears apart! So why does LRM continue to showcase cars that should be in Car Audio Magazine, Truckin' Magazine (the SUV's), Dupont Registry, and
Dub Magazine? Don't ever claim to be the offical publication for the Sport of Low-Riding again please! You should have big redletters atop the Cover that states,,,,,,,
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>WARNING WARNING>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
" IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR LOW-RIDER VEHICLES ONLY BUY STREET CUSTOMS
MAGAZINE BECAUSE IT IS ALL COLOR, IT'S NOT PACKED WITH WHEELS ADS, FEATURES 100% REAL LOW-RIDERS 9 OUT OF 10 TIMES, AND WILL FEATURE CLASSY SOPHISTICATED VEHICLES FROM MANY DIFFERENT CITIES"

The articles are writtin' by people that drive Honda's home to the Suburbs, They constantly Regals a Cutlass, Monte a Cutlass, They never get a G-Body Grand Prix right, They all look the same I guess! No They Don't!

Look at the latest Issue and see what size rims they said the blue bomb truck has!!
They are clearly not 13's with 155 80 13's,,,We can tell that doin' 70Mph from the opposite side of the Interstate at night!!! They feature a clean ass 63 vert named
O.G. 63, 1 problem though! 2 years ago a very worthy 63 coupe from KC, owned by a Guy named Greg Armstrong was featured and what's The name of Greg's 
$75,000 Low-Rider named???? OG 63. Have They ever featured 2 different "SouthSide 58's"? or 2 different "Altered Images"? Hell no!
When ever You do showcase a car from MO, IL, OH, etc. why do they have Air Bag's and 20's with stock paint and 10 TV's? We also have real Low-Rider's You don't have a problem finding us at check in time when it's time to entry fee's!!!!
Then the wack ass "WEDDING PHOTO GUY" snaps all the wrong cars!
What happened to Nathan Trujillo??? He knows what cars were the talk of the show!

Last thing for now,,, Don't You have a Magazine called "Low-Rider Bike"? You put pictures of 64 impala's in there do Ya? I respect the bikes, I have a few but put them in Your Bike Magazine, maybe You could showcase more Low Low's in you only removed 150 pages of black and white ads! I think you put the Ugliest Damn Wanna-Be Low-Riders in the mail box just to make The Midwest look like the capitol of frontwheel drive cars with bolt on's just to be an Ass, who ever pick the photo's for the mail box section need's to be let go! Or transfer this person to
Low-Rider Euro, the other junk Publication.....

Street Custom's has you Down for the Count You Greedy Mainstreamer's!
You just lost a 25 year customer who never missed an issue!!!!

Post a pic of your car so I can decide if I want to talk to you......

·
Registered
525 Posts
LRM is a business. As far as 35 bucks a person goes, how much do yall think it costs to get the facility to do the show at? Everything costs. From the people swiping the metal detector at the door, to the editor of the magazine. It all costs. And if you know that the magazine is not what you want, then just don't buy it.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
well i gez ill reply to another LRM bashing topic....

first of bro..i dont know you but i respect you opinion for what it is...an opinion.
here is mine...you nor i can judge what it takes to produce a magazine that carries that wide of a distribution...your are correct in that is a business! it has to be in order to produce coast to coast shows and provide its readers with consistent issues every month...not every other month or quarterly...but every month...lowrider isnt what is used to be that is true...it is now the largest auto magazine in circulation-not some mag sold out of trunks...

now i understand that you are in Kansas by way of Cali...im sure there are plenty of nice cars out there, but realistically they are a la based magazine...they amount of features would logically lend to being to west coast...the cars featured from other areas are generally done during show stops...that doesnt allow for a lot of time to be looking for rides in my opinion...

now for the ads...the comment has been made that the advertisers are paying for it so why let them put what they want in...i dont need the wheels or ads but someonde does because the co. keep paying for the space..i just flip right by them and go to the features...why not just ignore them if they dont aethestically please you...

if you arent happy with the situation that the lowrider mag is in why not get 15 photographers, 20 staff members, un chingo de machinery and start a Kansas based magazine bro...you will be covering unchartered territory and may shed some light on the top notch quality rides being built out there that Lowrider and every other magazine for that matter has missed..

and lastly since dippinit has asked for rides to be posted in order to have an opinion...here are mine...

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
must be close to the new magazine coming out. like clock work with the rants

D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by 73 Riviera@Aug 8 2005, 10:17 AM~3560500
well i gez ill reply to another LRM bashing topic....

first of bro..i dont know you but i respect you opinion for what it is...an opinion.
here is mine...you nor i can judge what it takes to produce a magazine that carries that wide of a distribution...your are correct in that is a business! it has to be in order to produce coast to coast shows and provide its readers with consistent issues every month...not every other month or quarterly...but every month...lowrider isnt what is used to be that is true...it is now the largest auto magazine in circulation-not some mag sold out of trunks...

now i understand that you are in Kansas by way of Cali...im sure there are plenty of nice cars out there, but realistically they are a la based magazine...they amount of features would logically lend to being to west coast...the cars featured from other areas are generally done during show stops...that doesnt allow for a lot of time to be looking for rides in my opinion...

now for the ads...the comment has been made that the advertisers are paying for it so why let them put what they want in...i dont need the wheels or ads but someonde does because the co. keep paying for the space..i just flip right by them and go to the features...why not just ignore them if they done aethestically please you...

if you arent happy with the situation that the lowrider mag is in why not get 15 photographers, 20 staff members, un chingo de machinery and start a Kansas based magazine bro...you will be covering unchartered territory and may shed some light on the top notch quality rides being built out there that Lowrider and every other magazine for that matter has missed..

and lastly since dippinit has asked for rides to be posted in order to have an opinion...here are mine...

Damn, those are your ranflas?? Damn I might take you out to dinner :biggrin: :biggrin: hahahaha.

OK let's see the other dudes ride who claims LA to Houston to a place where everyone has the same DNA...

·
Registered
18,595 Posts
WOW STREET CUSTOMS STILL AROUND EVERY 2 MONTHST THEY COME OUT WITH A MAG WITH ONLY A FEW CARS AND THE MAG IS SMALL???

BUT OOH WELL LRM ISNT GONNA MISS YOU ......FUK IT THEY STILL SELL I STILL GET IT ....

AND THEY SAID THEY NATHAN ISNT WORKING THERE CUZ HIS ASS DIDNT KNOW HOW TO TAKE GOOD PICS OUTSIDE ...

:cool:

1 - 20 of 165 Posts