LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who here can three wheel on leafs i was wondering if you could or should i try and fab something but i dont know what. maybe a 2 link mounting to both front leaf spring mounts would that work or should i just leave them. :cool:

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Leaf's aint' that clean with hydraulics, what kinda car is it? Useally the best thing is to fabricate a triangular 4-link set up, works alot better.

G

·
you might want to look into getting a 3 link or 4 link i just did a hydro install on a 1995 ford ranger with leaf springs in the back i couldn`t get it to 3 wheel

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
I had a Mits Mighty Max, Leaf springs had to go. But damn that was a Nasty ride.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
here is a pic of my old s-10 with leafs in the back it had a decent 3 but only going around a corner
what size cylinder in the rear and how many batts for weight did u have.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
yeah you can 3 with leafs but yeah they don't look as good as a 3 or 4 link does. go to a 4x4 shop and get the pivot shackles for leaf springs and they work perfect!

·
Registered
3,368 Posts
Originally posted by loriding69@Sep 21 2005, 10:49 AM~3856210
yeah you can 3 with leafs but yeah they don't look as good as a 3 or 4 link does. go to a 4x4 shop and get the pivot shackles for leaf springs and they work perfect!
you would have to add a sway bar of some type because the rearend would move side to side

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thats sounds interesting whats a pivot shackle :cool:

·
Registered
8,414 Posts
you can 3 good on leaves just depends on your setup.my setup sure wont three the way it is. also, you dont realize how light the back of a pickup is untill you've owned and work on one for a while.thats the main problem with it.

the best leaf setup to 3 witrh is bridging with coils, going mono-leaf and using the leaves as your 4 link.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Originally posted by Duece8@Sep 21 2005, 12:37 PM~3858017
thats sounds interesting whats a pivot shackle  :cool:
it's what the 4x4 rock climbers use so there leafs can pivot without snapping. it's like adding a powerball with 90 degree rotating access.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Sep 21 2005, 03:22 PM~3859299
you can 3 good on leaves just depends on your setup.my setup sure wont three the way it is. also, you dont realize how light the back of a pickup is untill you've owned and work on one for a while.thats the main problem with it.

the best leaf setup to 3 witrh is bridging with coils, going mono-leaf and using the leaves as your 4 link.
:thumbsup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts