LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

To three wheel or not to three wheel

933 views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  loriding69 
#1 ·
who here can three wheel on leafs i was wondering if you could or should i try and fab something but i dont know what. maybe a 2 link mounting to both front leaf spring mounts would that work or should i just leave them. :cool:

#12 ·
yeah you can 3 with leafs but yeah they don't look as good as a 3 or 4 link does. go to a 4x4 shop and get the pivot shackles for leaf springs and they work perfect!

#13 ·
Originally posted by loriding69@Sep 21 2005, 10:49 AM~3856210
yeah you can 3 with leafs but yeah they don't look as good as a 3 or 4 link does. go to a 4x4 shop and get the pivot shackles for leaf springs and they work perfect!
you would have to add a sway bar of some type because the rearend would move side to side

#16 ·
you can 3 good on leaves just depends on your setup.my setup sure wont three the way it is. also, you dont realize how light the back of a pickup is untill you've owned and work on one for a while.thats the main problem with it.

the best leaf setup to 3 witrh is bridging with coils, going mono-leaf and using the leaves as your 4 link.

#17 ·
Originally posted by Duece8@Sep 21 2005, 12:37 PM~3858017
thats sounds interesting whats a pivot shackle  :cool:
it's what the 4x4 rock climbers use so there leafs can pivot without snapping. it's like adding a powerball with 90 degree rotating access.

#18 ·
Originally posted by AndrewH@Sep 21 2005, 03:22 PM~3859299
you can 3 good on leaves just depends on your setup.my setup sure wont three the way it is. also, you dont realize how light the back of a pickup is untill you've owned and work on one for a while.thats the main problem with it.

the best leaf setup to 3 witrh is bridging with coils, going mono-leaf and using the leaves as your 4 link.
:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.