LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some searching and I couldn't find anything about fixing the FRONT brake hose. It's the hose that runs from the metal mount to the disc brake. The hose tore where it fits into the little rubber sleeve. How do I fix this? Do I just unscrew the hose from the disc and the mount? Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
989 Posts
take it off at the caliper, where it mounts at the frame, and where it goes into your metal brake line, be careful not to twist off your metal line when taking it off from there or youll wind up having to replace some of it as well. they sell the hoses for around $15 at any parts store, replace it and bleed the brakes and youll be on your way

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by corndawg@Jan 6 2009, 04:48 AM~12620083
take it off at the caliper, where it mounts at the frame, and where it goes into your metal brake line, be careful not to twist off your metal line when taking it off from there or youll wind up having to replace some of it as well. they sell the hoses for around $15 at any parts store, replace it and bleed the brakes and youll be on your way
:thumbsup: thanks

·
Premium Member
18,724 Posts
NAPA part#36845
front brake hoses. About $19 a piece here. Stocks on my caddy are like 12" these are 15" and work great. I believe gbody hoses have the same hookups on them. ;)

·
OHH YEEEAH!!!!
1,713 Posts
Originally posted by corndawg@Jan 6 2009, 05:48 AM~12620083
:yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts