LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, for anyone who's picked up the newest LRB you've seen the article on Dawg Ridez. A company that builds custom bikes, everything from low lows to beach cruisers to streched cruisers. Anyways, I am just wondering if anyone here has or is building anything like this (other than a lowrider bike). As soon as I can get my film developed or get digi cam I"ll post up some pics of my streched cruiser. Its just about as long as I am tall and I am a little over 6 ft. I've had people say its the stupidest thing they've seen and than some have totally loved it. What do you guys think of bikes such as the one I am building? To give ya an idea of what my sort of looks like here's a pic of one from Dawg Ridez...

Mine is longer than this and my seat is different. Instead of having a seat such as that mine lower, to where a seat post is located right in front of the rear tire and that is where the back of my seat is. Like I said its hard to picture this by just words so I'll try as hard as I can to get some pics up.
:cool:

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
fuck Dawgs rides :uh:

Firebikes builds better shit so does Warlock :cool:

Big Eazy youre out of your mind those are Hutchisons theyre 400$ each

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
that bike up there looks like a standard Dyno Roadster/Coaster frame with some triple tree forks and WildWheelWerks wheels. That's about it. I don't see anything skratchbuilt there.

I'm just about starting my first skratch built frame. It's gonna be a looooooong and low 20incher rollin' on custom 144s with a 5 speed hub for summa dem longer cruizes. ;)

·
Registered
277 Posts
my room mate and I built this bike. Not quite my style but it was his design and I did the fab and welding. It was a budget builder and we used his old Schwinn mtn bike as a start.

raised and raked the head tube, extended the forks 24", extended the chainstays about 20", new top tube, custom made bars, custom suicide style shifter, direct pull brakes moved to the bottom of the seat stays, shortened crank arms, blah blah blah. It was fun to build and is fun to ride. It gets a lot of looks and actually rides pretty nice.

check out http://bikerodnkustom.homestead.com/ for some cool kustom bikes.

·
Registered
277 Posts
easy there guys. it's the first bike I've ever built. aside from the wheels and seat we didn't put more than $50 into it. It was a fun build. We didn't set out to build a show worthy lowrider bike, just a fun, crazy long cruzer inspired by way too many nights watching American Chopper.

dude wanted to see some scratch built bikes...

·
Registered
277 Posts
the bike has a real comfortable riding position. ape hanger bars or even drag bars would make it a bitch to ride.

the bar in front of the seat is the shifter for the front deraileur. Custom made by me :) The cable wraps around the bottom of the shifter, between the chain stays and up to the deraileur. I wanted to have a working rear gear cluster but that wasn't an option with the wheels Brian chose so the rear deraileur is just there to keep tension in the chain.

we drilled holes in the end of the shifter and the handle bars to make it look like the muzzle of a gun.

I've gotta get some better pics of it - with the chain on.

·
Registered
24,862 Posts
Originally posted by Lownslow302@Jan 14 2004, 12:10 AM

oh, i know there expensive.. i just love the look of beach cruisers with spokes!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts