LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ey i got a 2 stage paint job
and have a chip and a scratch on the passenger door.
is it possible to touch up those two spots or would i have to get the whole door painted again or would i need to get the whole car painted again so it all matches. any info. let me know Thanks!

·
THA PAINTER
10,148 Posts
IF IT IS NOT DEEP YOU COULD GET AWAY WITH COLOR SANDING THE DOOR AND A BUFF BUT IF IT IS DEEP JUST SAND THE DOOR AND FADE THE PAINT FROM THE SCRATCH TO THE REST OF THE CAR BUT IT DEPENDS WERE THE SCRATCH IS IF ITS AT THE EDGE YOUR GONA HAVE TO RECLEAR THE FENDER OR THE QUARTER PANEL AND THEN BUFF THE WHOLE CAR SO THAT EVERY THING
LOOKS LIKE IT JUST GOT SPRAYED :cool:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Originally posted by chepe v@Aug 25 2006, 12:36 PM~6042376
ey i got a 2 stage paint job
and have a chip and a scratch on the passenger door.
is it possible to touch up those two spots or would i have to get the whole door painted again or would i need to get the whole car painted again so it all matches. any info. let me know Thanks!
It depends how much your looking to spend/save. You can fine-line tape the scratch, above and below the scratch. Then hit it with a dab of primer, then base, then clear. Take your time. I use a tooth-pick sometimes or a crafty little fine tipped paint brush. then wait for it to settle down and cure. Then wetsand with 2500 grit sand paper lighty and hand buff to a nice shine. I've done it with black, red, white and silver paint jobs and you could barely even tell it was there unless you pointed it out and stared at it from like a foot away.

;)

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by WICKEDKUSTOMS@Aug 25 2006, 02:31 PM~6043636
IF IT IS NOT DEEP YOU COULD GET AWAY WITH COLOR SANDING THE DOOR AND A BUFF BUT IF IT IS DEEP JUST SAND THE DOOR AND FADE THE PAINT FROM THE SCRATCH TO THE REST OF THE CAR BUT IT DEPENDS WERE THE SCRATCH IS IF ITS AT THE EDGE YOUR GONA HAVE TO RECLEAR THE FENDER OR THE QUARTER PANEL AND THEN BUFF THE WHOLE CAR SO THAT EVERY THING
LOOKS LIKE IT JUST GOT SPRAYED  :cool:
orale thanks im a try color sanding
thanks

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by junbug27@Aug 25 2006, 02:43 PM~6043708
It depends how much your looking to spend/save. You can fine-line tape the scratch, above and below the scratch. Then hit it with a dab of primer, then base, then clear. Take your time. I use a tooth-pick sometimes or a crafty little fine tipped paint brush. then wait for it to settle down and cure. Then wetsand with 2500 grit sand paper lighty and hand buff to a nice shine. I've done it with black, red, white and silver paint jobs and you could barely even tell it was there unless you pointed it out and stared at it from like a foot away.

;)
thanks for the tip
im tryn to save right now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts