·
Registered
379 Posts
what is it ill try to help

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Originally posted by concrete@Sep 6 2003, 11:21 AM
I'm getting a trans code and i don't know what it is....
what is it ? car and what is the code saying? if its a caddy they have their own problems with codes if the code says one thing it may take fixing 4 things to get it to go a way all depends on the ride

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
transmission converter clutch-(tcc)
the ecm controls the converter by means of a seleniod mounted in the transmission. when the vehicle reaches a certain speed, the ecm energizes the solenoid and allows the torque converter to mechanically couple the transmission to the engine. when the operating conditions indicate that the transmission should operate as a normal fluid coupled transmission, the ecm will de-energize the soleniod. depressing the brake will also return the tranny to normal automatic operation.

so that is what it is and what it does.

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by dough916@Sep 9 2003, 08:22 PM
transmission converter clutch-(tcc)
the ecm controls the converter by means of a seleniod mounted in the transmission. when the vehicle reaches a certain speed, the ecm energizes the solenoid and allows the torque converter to mechanically couple the transmission to the engine. when the operating conditions indicate that the transmission should operate as a normal fluid coupled transmission, the ecm will de-energize the soleniod. depressing the brake will also return the tranny to normal automatic operation.

so that is what it is and what it does.
thanks dogg, but what soes that mean?
What would be some things that it would do when going out?

·
Triple OG
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you said that it stalled out? My shit stalls at red lights and when I start it I see a big cloud of gas from the exaust...
I think that the smoke is somthhing else though...Maybe I have more than one problem...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts