LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buyin a new truck not bran new but new to me.
I need a vehicle that can handle towing my big ass 69 Olds 88 with no probs.
I'm, not feelin the norm a big Tahoe, Suburban, Ex, ect. on some big wheels
I'm leanin towards a fullsize Blazer or Bronco.
I was concerned about how one of these will haul. I'm told they be OK I guess I can get some kinda stabilizer bars for my trailer and it b aight.
Any input? :biggrin:

·
Registered
879 Posts
Personally, I would buy at least a 3/4 ton for that car. Thats a big car and if you need to stop fast, you need something that can do it. A Blazer or a Bronco weights about the same as the car......................................my opinion

·
TDMMC
10,886 Posts
Originally posted by TEGOJUA+Sep 1 2006, 08:32 PM~6088520-->
I'm looking at buyin a new truck not bran new but new to me.
I need a vehicle that can handle towing my big ass 69 Olds 88 with no probs.
I'm, not feelin the norm a big Tahoe, Suburban, Ex, ect. on some big wheels
I'm leanin towards a fullsize Blazer or Bronco.
I was concerned about how one of these will haul. I'm told they be OK I guess I can get some kinda stabilizer bars for my trailer and it b aight.
Any input? :biggrin:
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-TheKrush
@Sep 1 2006, 08:48 PM~6088566
Personally, I would buy at least a 3/4 ton for that car. Thats a big car and if you need to stop fast, you need something that can do it. A Blazer or a Bronco weights about the same as the car......................................my opinion
Yeah what TheKock said you want you towing vehicle to weigh more than the car being towed.When towing you don't want to be OK you want to be the best!

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
BIG VEHICLE IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO MY HOMIE ALMOST LOST IT ALL WITH A BLAZER LAST YEAR DONT DO IT

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by Blue7@Sep 1 2006, 09:25 PM~6089409
BIG VEHICLE IS THE ONLY WAY TO GO MY HOMIE ALMOST LOST IT ALL WITH A BLAZER LAST YEAR DONT DO IT
Damn I found a smokin ass deal on a Blazer! And I want it bad as fuck!

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by TEGOJUA@Sep 1 2006, 11:12 PM~6089614
Damn I found a smokin ass deal on a Blazer! And I want it bad as fuck!
blazer/bronco maybe a motorcycle

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by USO-ORLANDO@Sep 1 2006, 07:56 PM~6088954
Yeah what TheKock said you want you towing vehicle to weigh more than the car being towed.When towing you don't want to be OK you want to be the best!
Hey I just thought about it lets say exmple guys tow with Chevy pick-ups. So.. a regular cab Chevy should weight close to what a K5 Blazer weighs? Or the Blazer may weigh more?

I need some help on this this truck is a smokin deal!! And I need to cash him out yesterday. :uh:

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by TEGOJUA@Sep 1 2006, 10:20 PM~6089659
Hey I just thought about it lets say exmple guys tow with Chevy pick-ups. So.. a regular cab Chevy should weight close to what a K5 Blazer weighs? Or the Blazer may weigh more?
I need some help on this this truck is a smokin deal!! And I need to cash him out yesterday. :uh:
damn 65 views help me on some input cause if I'm pickin this up it will be in the morning 1st thing :uh:

·
Registered
8,940 Posts
Weight is one concern as is wheel base. The blaser has a short wheel base where as a truck or suburban have longer wheel bases more ideal for towing. You are risking MAJOR towing problems going with a short wheel base.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by icecold63@Sep 1 2006, 11:36 PM~6089961
Weight is one concern as is wheel base.  The blaser has a short wheel base where as a truck or suburban have longer wheel bases more ideal for towing.  You are risking MAJOR towing problems going with a short wheel base.
:tears:
I know I'm just crossin my fangaz hopin tha Blazer will work but... I guess I'll be lookin on. :uh:

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
The biggest problem with the Blazer is two fold:

short wheel base
weight ditribution

Blazer have a horrible weight distribution due to there wheel base, one of the reason that they were so horrible at rollovers. Your back starts too fish tail, and you are gonna flip that blazer

·
Registered
8,656 Posts
Ive towed with a 2 door tahoe same size as a blazer and i never had any problem just make sure you have
1. good brakes front and rear
2. trailer brakes
3. truck has trailer brake setup
4. id go with spring helpers, either the add a leaf kind which will permanetly make your ride stiffer, or for afew more bucks get an airbag setup..
5. take your time when you first start towing if the trailer gets away from you it aint fun. my tahoe could do 85-90 no problem with the car on there but you want to make sure you are comfortable going any speed before you jump in and go....

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Originally posted by TEGOJUA@Sep 2 2006, 02:01 PM~6092240
yea i'm shopping for a tahoe suburban ect.
GO WITH THE BURBAN OR AN EXCURSION IF YOU WANT TO PULL WITH AN SUV. LONGER WHEEL BASE.
I HAVE AN EXCURSION AND I JUST TOWED ONE OF MY MEMBERS 4 DOOR CADDY AND IT PULLED IT LIKE I WASNT EVEN TOWING ANYTHING! BUT.......... 7-8 MPG :biggrin:

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Originally posted by TEGOJUA@Sep 2 2006, 02:01 PM~6092240
yea i'm shopping for a tahoe suburban ect.
you need a truck that is heavy. then you need a trailer that is light weight. you only need a 16' trailer. this is what i tow with

with the 24's on it. everyone on here has gave you good advise. hope you use it. you bought the blazer and now you need to sell it. just being honest.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Problem solved scored at the auction got me a fully loaded 97 Burb 2500 with a big block 7.4L fully loaded every bell and whistle tv dvd 168K. Paid $6200 out the door taxes fees all. :biggrin:

·
Registered
15,617 Posts
Originally posted by TEGOJUA@Sep 10 2006, 01:55 AM~6140608
Problem solved scored at the auction got me a fully loaded 97 Burb 2500 with a big block 7.4L fully loaded every bell and whistle tv dvd 168K. Paid $6200 out the door taxes fees all. :biggrin:
GAS IS GONNA BE A BITCH!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts