LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondered how it would be possible to upgrade the factory airride system on a 97 lincoln town car. Would this mess up the factory computer assisted system, would it be possible to bypass? I've seen lots of town cars with hydros but no bag systems? I guess you could do air struts in the front, but what about the back??? Could you go with like a 3 or 4 play bag in the back and just control every thing yourself (i.e. disconnect factory electronic controls????) Surely someone has done this or at least considered. Maybe you could even use the factory brackets??? What about the factory compressor?????

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
this guy by me, blink182, has a towncar thats bagged, i dunno what year it is though..

I know he has regular bags in the back, but I'm not sure about the front..

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Any additional info you guys come across is greatly appreciated!

Based on my completely unprofessional opinion, I think I could replace the rear factory air bags with a double convoluted set with something like 9" of lift and then just replace the bag on the front air struts with an even larger bag and I should be set? The only thing that worries me is I would basically have to do away with the computer controlled leveling system and I don't know what kinda problems that would cause electronically (OBD-II trouble codes etc.). Then I would just need a larger compressor/air tank set up with new valves and bigger diameter hose or a nitrogen tank :).

You guys know anyone who has done this??

U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was that a pic of blink182's ride? If so, I'd like to get some info from him. Thanx!

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by uhoh5.0@Oct 26 2003, 08:24 PM
Was that a pic of blink182's ride? If so, I'd like to get some info from him. Thanx!
ya, I try not to know him really

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
i wish i had a compressor that ran all the time when im cruising thro a show...and have a bunch off holes in my trunk floor where my hydros (that i couldnt maintain) where

1 - 7 of 7 Posts