LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my Ball joint extenders from Black magic a few days ago and have been looking for the best way to put them on. I want to make sure they are on properly and I heard that putting the ball joint under gives me a high lock up. Putting the ball joint over seems like its out of the questions because the ball joint does not bolt on properly and leaves space between the extender and ball joint. So I have 2 ball joint under choices choices, the 1st is the way they came with the extender angles up and the 2nd is the way I've seen it on other towncars with the extenders angled down. I also have 2 ball joint over (which like I said doesn't really seem to bolt up properly and leaves a space between the ball joint and extender) 3rd is ball joint over angled up, and 4th ball joint over angles down. Post up your pictures to see what works for you. (I have already checked and the only like 3-4 pictures I found were all in different topics and were all ball joint over...

4th

·
EL Muertero
8,365 Posts
use 1 or 3.. the other way's will not work because of the ball joint.. :cheesy:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by THE REAL BIG M@Mar 23 2010, 05:43 PM~16975524
use 1 or 3.. the other way's will not work because of the ball joint.. :cheesy:

cool, angled up was my initial thought because it seems like it would be the right way since the extender will be slightly slanted down, so the angle up will level it, its just that I was confused because it seemed like everyone was doing angle down with the ball joint above, which to me did not look right??

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttt

no lincolns out there using the extenders???

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have doubts about ball joint over (number 3) because it does nut fit snugg in the extender whole and when its tightened there is space between the extender and the ball joint...if you look closely you can see it it kind of floating

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by RollinX151@Mar 23 2010, 11:43 PM~16982218
ttt

no lincolns out there using the extenders???
BIG M is from black magic.... so i would say safe bet. or call jess and ask her, she runs that motha! :cool:

·
EL Muertero
8,365 Posts
Originally posted by Mark@Mar 24 2010, 11:18 AM~16986054
BIG M is from black magic.... so i would say safe bet. or call jess and ask her, she runs that motha! :cool:
you can lead a horse to water but you cant make em drink :cheesy:

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Originally posted by THE REAL BIG M@Mar 24 2010, 12:56 PM~16987105
:roflmao:

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Originally posted by THE REAL BIG M@Mar 24 2010, 03:56 PM~16987105

Don't get me wrong, I'm taking your advice, I'm most likely doing the 1st one, because I heard it gives you a higher lock up, but I asked for pictures to see results...

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
#3 only.......... (4) 1/4 bolts holding my suspension together just for another 3/8" of lock up isnt worth the risk!

·
EL Muertero
8,365 Posts
Originally posted by RollinX151@Mar 24 2010, 01:06 PM~16987230
Don't get me wrong, I'm taking your advice, I'm most likely doing the 1st one, because I heard it gives you a higher lock up, but I asked for pictures to see results...
;)

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Next weekened will be the install...Will be lowriding down the streets by Saturday Night hopefully...Miami Beach, here I come

·
Day2Day Grind
93 Posts
Originally posted by RollinX151@Mar 24 2010, 02:06 PM~16987230
go with the first or the third picture, i have mine like the 3rd and been hopped on the highway didnt have any problem

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Mr lowrider305@Mar 27 2010, 04:18 PM~17017478
ya theres 4 diffrent towncars with tham down here in mia

you also can call king auto for help....let me know if you want there number

I think Im good man. I will either be doing 1 or 3...thanks though

1 - 20 of 41 Posts