LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok peep it i bought a lil pint full of auto trans conditionoer to dump into the trans. neways i was lookn for the dip stick and couldnt find it. so i was reading my owners book n the arrow pointed to the left valve cover. there was a plug that i pulled out and dumped the fluid in there//// where the hell does this hole drain to ? intot he oil? what should i do?? imma flush then oil tommrow??? what was this plug 1994 towncar v8

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
tranny fluid will clean out your engine it wont hurt .if you put oil in the transmission that tears sh** up. drive a little and change the oil

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Originally posted by umlolo@Jan 14 2004, 02:15 PM
tranny fluid will clean out your engine it wont hurt .if you put oil in the transmission that tears sh** up. drive a little and change the oil
DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS^^^^^^^^^^^

I seen people pour a LITTLE tranny fluid in their carb with the throttle up but you DO NOT put it in your oil & drive ANYWHERE.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Originally posted by umlolo@Jan 14 2004, 04:15 PM
He's right, it will clean the motor. Just run it for a few minutes, drain it, run a fresh quart of oil through, plug the pan, and add oil. :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Originally posted by schmidt64@Jan 17 2004, 01:35 AM
it is used sometimes to clean out combustion chambers by burning with the fuel, not by adding to the oil. get it out of there.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
18,607 Posts
fuck i have used it in a old regal that i had ....the lifters started ticking..i put just a small amount of it in there.... im talkinga bout a couple of cap fulls though.. in to the engine oil..then i drained it out ... changed the oil and the lifters where cool...

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
tranny fluid will not hurt a motor in the oil.it cleans the gunk out of it .ive even run deseil fuel through them on gunked up motors.tranny fluid is good to run everyonce and a while in the oil

1 - 10 of 10 Posts