LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WZUP. This is BG, I am new to lowriding.I got a 94 town car.gonna juice it up with a 3 pump setup.FBSS 3-wheel. Everyday car.What should I do as far as the reinforcement. Where is the nearest hydro shop to Nashville.Who do U recommend?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,083 Posts
sounds like a body-on stress point reinforcement should be good...
like rearhumps, crossmember, and every place that's c-channel.
allso box the trailingarms and extend the upper a-arms to relife stress on the balljoints.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,737 Posts
i got a 94 towncar myself...i did a full wrap of the frame but i still havent gotten the suspesion reinforced completely...i only wrapped 3 sides and on the stresspoints (basically the places badass64 stated) i used 3/16'' and the rest was wrapped in 1/4''...i dont hop it much or anything but i 3 wheel the hell out of it so i just went ahead and got it all out of the way so i dont have to fool with it later....btw 3 pumps 8 batteries 8's up front 14's in back and my driveshaft is shortened...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,970 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Jan 8 2004, 06:40 AM
i got a 94 towncar myself...i did a full wrap of the frame but i still havent gotten the suspesion reinforced completely...i only wrapped 3 sides and on the stresspoints (basically the places badass64 stated) i used 3/16'' and the rest was wrapped in 1/4''...i dont hop it much or anything but i 3 wheel the hell out of it so i just went ahead and got it all out of the way so i dont have to fool with it later....btw 3 pumps 8 batteries 8's up front 14's in back and my driveshaft is shortened...
SUP HOMIE YOUR IN RI? HOW MUCH DID YOU SHORTEN YOUR SHAFT, AND WHO DID IT. I GOT 14'S FOR MY 90, AND IM GONNA EXTEND THE UPPER TRAILING ARMS 1 INCH. JUST CURIOUS IF YOU DID THAT TOO, AND IF YOU GET A GOOD STANDSTILL. :thumbsup:
 

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
Joined
·
11,239 Posts
im the only one that does this, but if you really swing the shit out of it, the b-pillars start to buckle outwards and eventually rip! Your doors will not latch right and its a overall pain in the ass... You can run some straping on the inside of the b-pillars just for extra added insurance! Also the tray under the radiator needs to be strapped if your gonna swing it hard. You might wanna do somthing about the motor mount bolts too! those fuckers break! Another hint!!!! Get a teloscoping/slip driveline so it dont push your tranny forward and pull your throttle cable when you do big 3 wheels cuz it will shoot you into whatevers in the way! All this i know from expierence with mine and my homies town cars...
 

·
59 imp 64 imp 77 mc
Joined
·
11,239 Posts
Originally posted by cdznutz42069+Jan 8 2004, 06:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cdznutz42069 @ Jan 8 2004, 06:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--enough_talkin@Jan 8 2004, 06:40 AM
i got a 94 towncar myself...i did a full wrap of the frame but i still havent gotten the suspesion reinforced completely...i only wrapped 3 sides and on the stresspoints (basically the places badass64 stated) i used 3/16'' and the rest was wrapped in 1/4''...i dont hop it much or anything but i 3 wheel the hell out of it so i just went ahead and got it all out of the way so i dont have to fool with it later....btw 3 pumps 8 batteries 8's up front 14's in back and my driveshaft is shortened...
SUP HOMIE YOUR IN RI? HOW MUCH DID YOU SHORTEN YOUR SHAFT, AND WHO DID IT. I GOT 14'S FOR MY 90, AND IM GONNA EXTEND THE UPPER TRAILING ARMS 1 INCH. JUST CURIOUS IF YOU DID THAT TOO, AND IF YOU GET A GOOD STANDSTILL. :thumbsup:[/b][/quote]
i recomend those new pro-hopper adjustable trailing arms cuz they extend and they twist when you 3 wheel. with the stock trailing arms, extended or not, you'll eat up bushings left and right!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,970 Posts
Originally posted by B_A_RIDER+Jan 8 2004, 10:47 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (B_A_RIDER @ Jan 8 2004, 10:47 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 8 2004, 06:39 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--enough_talkin
@Jan 8 2004, 06:40 AM
i got a 94 towncar myself...i did a full wrap of the frame but i still havent gotten the suspesion reinforced completely...i only wrapped 3 sides and on the stresspoints (basically the places badass64 stated) i used 3/16'' and the rest was wrapped in 1/4''...i dont hop it much or anything but i 3 wheel the hell out of it so i just went ahead and got it all out of the way so i dont have to fool with it later....btw 3 pumps 8 batteries 8's up front 14's in back and my driveshaft is shortened...

SUP HOMIE YOUR IN RI? HOW MUCH DID YOU SHORTEN YOUR SHAFT, AND WHO DID IT. I GOT 14'S FOR MY 90, AND IM GONNA EXTEND THE UPPER TRAILING ARMS 1 INCH. JUST CURIOUS IF YOU DID THAT TOO, AND IF YOU GET A GOOD STANDSTILL. :thumbsup:
i recomend those new pro-hopper adjustable trailing arms cuz they extend and they twist when you 3 wheel. with the stock trailing arms, extended or not, you'll eat up bushings left and right![/b][/quote]
THANKS HOMIE ITHOGHT THOSE WERE FOR G BODYS ONLY
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
544 Posts
i have them for my 90 town car and i love them they really do save the bushings and create less stress on the rear end and increase your three a little
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,085 Posts
Originally posted by mrbg@Jan 7 2004, 09:17 PM
WZUP. This is BG, I am new to lowriding.I got a 94 town car.gonna juice it up with a 3 pump setup.FBSS 3-wheel. Everyday car.What should I do as far as the reinforcement. Where is the nearest hydro shop to Nashville.Who do U recommend?
whats up homie, bring it up here. i'm about 3 hours north of you. i can juice your ride. or go to athens TN , theirs a couple of people their with lows and one of my friends has a shop up their. he only deals with cce though. but athens is only like an hour, thats probley the closest one to you. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by cdznutz42069+Jan 8 2004, 09:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (cdznutz42069 @ Jan 8 2004, 09:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--enough_talkin@Jan 8 2004, 06:40 AM
i got a 94 towncar myself...i did a full wrap of the frame but i still havent gotten the suspesion reinforced completely...i only wrapped 3 sides and on the stresspoints (basically the places badass64 stated) i used 3/16'' and the rest was wrapped in 1/4''...i dont hop it much or anything but i 3 wheel the hell out of it so i just went ahead and got it all out of the way so i dont have to fool with it later....btw 3 pumps 8 batteries 8's up front 14's in back and my driveshaft is shortened...
SUP HOMIE YOUR IN RI? HOW MUCH DID YOU SHORTEN YOUR SHAFT, AND WHO DID IT. I GOT 14'S FOR MY 90, AND IM GONNA EXTEND THE UPPER TRAILING ARMS 1 INCH. JUST CURIOUS IF YOU DID THAT TOO, AND IF YOU GET A GOOD STANDSTILL. :thumbsup:[/b][/quote]
i got my driveshaft shortened while i was in virginia..my father took it to some machine shop and got it done for free because he knows people...almost any machine shop should be able to do this for you but im not sure on what it would typically cost...drive shaft is shortened 1'' and i dont drive locked up in the rear...and it gets a nice standing 3...when i hit rolling 3's i dont hit them as high though and maybe a few nice standing 3's a month...im still picking through what i need to work on next so i try not to push the car too hard



Last edited by enough_talkin at Jan 9 2004, 10:55 AM
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
156 Posts
yeah i had 16's in the back of my 93 towncar. the rear humps were reinforced, front crossmember, chain bridge, and control arms capped. the uppers don't need to be extended because they have slots to move for different distances. I had 4 pumps and 8 batts, the key to fitting 4 batts on each side is cutt and mold your wheel wells to correct spec.
good luck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,737 Posts
Originally posted by low4show@Jan 10 2004, 05:47 PM
yeah i had 16's in the back of my 93 towncar. the rear humps were reinforced, front crossmember, chain bridge, and control arms capped. the uppers don't need to be extended because they have slots to move for different distances. I had 4 pumps and 8 batts, the key to fitting 4 batts on each side is cutt and mold your wheel wells to correct spec.
good luck
yeah those humps suck...i put two on the sides and then two a little deeper on each side..i put them long ways to keep a little space in the middle for my pumps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by badass 64@Jan 8 2004, 04:15 AM
sounds like a body-on stress point reinforcement should be good...
like rearhumps, crossmember, and every place that's c-channel.
allso box the trailingarms and extend the upper a-arms to relife stress on the balljoints.
How much would a reinforcement like that cost? What company would u reccomend?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by mrbg+Jan 13 2004, 02:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mrbg @ Jan 13 2004, 02:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--badass 64@Jan 8 2004, 04:15 AM
sounds like a body-on stress point reinforcement should be good...
like rearhumps, crossmember, and every place that's c-channel.
allso box the trailingarms and extend the upper a-arms to relife stress on the balljoints.
How much would a reinforcement like that cost? What company would u reccomend?[/b][/quote]
you ship that frame overseas and i'll hook you up! no j/k that would be too expensive. lol
theres alot of shops that do hack jobs out there so whatever shop you choose to go with check how their welding work looks first!
http://www.hi-calibercustoms.com does good frame work i know that...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,540 Posts
I have a 95 Town car i'm putting pro hopper 4 pump comp kit upgradeing everything. 8 in strokes front and 12's rear. I'm thinking of putting 4.5 ton springs in front and 3.5 rear. chain bridge and 6 optima g31 yellow top batteries. what is the proper way to set spring height to lay low but also have enough to hop dance and have fun. Also do I have to shorten my drive shaft or would a slip work and if so were do i get it. the rear spring set up is coil over. need all the advice i can get 1st week of may is d-day
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top