LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Me and my homeboy is gonna start building a 91´ lincoln towncar.
What size cylinder should we run in the back? We are keeping the rear suspension stock exept for the hydraulics! We are going to use some accums no springs... We are going 2 do some reinforcements on the front only (no 3wheeling!) just plain front and back no side to side.. Then I wonder what a-arms we are going 2 use (caddy, caprise??).. Or is the stock ones going to do the job? Can you extend the stock upper ones? W/o having trouble? We are pobably going to chain the front lower a-arm so we dont brake the upper ball joints.. We are going to run 24-48 volts on the back pump and 60-72 to the front pump what tonage coils should we start with in the front??

Peace

·
On prestamped D's
7,293 Posts
Originally posted by thephatlander@Sep 13 2006, 08:01 PM~6164176
What size cylinder should we run in the back? We are keeping the rear suspension stock exept for the hydraulics! We are going to use some accums no springs... We are going 2 do some reinforcements on the front only (no 3wheeling!) just plain front and back no side to side.. Then I wonder what a-arms we are going 2 use (caddy, caprise??).. Or is the stock ones going to do the job? Can you extend the stock upper ones? W/o having trouble? We are pobably going to chain the front lower a-arm so we dont brake the upper ball joints.. We are going to run 24-48 volts on the back pump and 60-72 to the front pump what tonage coils should we start with in the front??
Peace
stock rear suspension is airbag on those!
A-arms is tubular from '91 up, older is better.

·
Registered
7,551 Posts
Originally posted by thephatlander@Sep 13 2006, 01:01 PM~6164176
Peace

i would run a 10 or a 12 for rear cylinder the factory ball joint bolts suck on the 91 and up TC's uper arms so get a good grade bolt to replace that and and if your gunna hop it then you sould chain it and i would run some 3 - 3.5 ton coils on it

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Make sure you reinforce the coil towers and ears on the front really good, they crack real easy on those Lincolns. Try to plate the front of the crossmember at least to keep the engine cradle from cracking and caving in. My boys 95 cracked in all those areas in less then 1 summer of hopping. I would also suggest a bridge in the rear as well. I'm working on the 95 tonight due to the rear coil starting to push through the stock coil perch. The 91 should have a cast upper A arm and can be extended if done properly. Just use the Napa heavy duty ball joints and you'll be good. I can help you out with some extended and wrapped uppers if needed. You may just want to run some 10" rear cylinders or your driveshaft will start to bind when locked up. Theres more but thats a good start. I need to get out to the garage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts