LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Toyota techs. out there? I don't think it's the pedals, but an ECM software problem. Any thoughts?

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
your probably gonna die ;)

buy american buy old you wont have those issues

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by kandylac@Feb 2 2010, 12:13 AM~16483229
Any Toyota techs. out there? I don't think it's the pedals, but an ECM software problem. Any thoughts?
idk...after seeing a few on the news it looks like the pedal could easily jam on the floor if slammed on-i figure they will just throw shorter pedals in em cause thats a 5min fix...two bolts and a cable is all there is to em :yessad:

i think if it was the software it could be reprogrammed in minutes at dealership,but its taken some time...so i think they had to make new petals and/or foot pads because; setting up the machines and making different bends and producing new pedals takes alot of time-cnc benders are a bitch...sometimes it can take a few days to reprogram them right not to mention getting machine parts moved in exact place so bends are proper ;)

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Feb 2 2010, 11:33 PM~16495631
idk...after seeing a few on the news it looks like the pedal could easily jam on the floor if slammed on-i figure they will just throw shorter pedals in em cause thats a 5min fix...two bolts and a cable is all there is to em :yessad:

i think if it was the software it could be reprogrammed in minutes at dealership,but its taken some time...so i think they had to make new petals and/or foot pads because; setting up the machines and making different bends and producing new pedals takes alot of time-cnc benders are a bitch...sometimes it can take a few days to reprogram them right not to mention getting machine parts moved in exact place so bends are proper  ;)

why are the brakes going with them? i dont know nothing about it

but from what ive seen and read its an electric issue im sure someone tried jamming it in nuetral or hammering the brakes or even kicking the shit out of the pedal which would probably free it up

everything is ran by a fucking sensor through the ecm

i dunno though i hate new cars for that shit

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Feb 3 2010, 01:36 AM~16495682
why are the brakes going with them?    i dont know nothing about it
but from what ive seen and read    its an electric issue   im sure someone tried jamming it in nuetral  or hammering the brakes  or   even kicking the shit out of the pedal  which would probably free it up 
everything is ran by a fucking sensor   through the ecm  
the brakes are fuckin up too? i havent heard that myself-here in pittsburgh they are only saying"gas petals sticking to floor" (as in jammed to the floor mat)nothing about electronics kicking in the gas-so is it the cruise control kicking in or sticking on like the older fords had an issue with? :dunno:
and i agree,i like the looks of very few new cars(mainly new dually trucks) but i dont want one because too many electric parts and sensors-shit fucks up it can kill the whole car or kill you-i like shit i can work on and isnt operated solely on sensors :yessad:

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Feb 2 2010, 11:43 PM~16495794
the brakes are fuckin up too? i havent heard that myself-here in pittsburgh they are only saying"gas petals sticking to floor" (as in jammed to the floor mat)nothing about electronics kicking in the gas-so is it the cruise control kicking in or sticking on like the older fords had an issue with? :dunno:
and i agree,i like the looks of very few new cars(mainly new dually trucks) but i dont want one because too many electric parts and sensors-shit fucks up it can kill the whole car or kill you-i like shit i can work on and isnt operated solely on sensors :yessad:

the first reaction would be hitting the brakes at least it was mine when i had a cable/spring issue in a camaro i had worked well in that combined with shoving the shifter into nuetral

so i would assume natural reaction people are trying these things with no luck im just assuming that though

i suppose people could be just freaking out and doing nothing

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Feb 3 2010, 02:52 AM~16496552
the first reaction would be hitting the brakes  at least it was mine when i had a cable/spring issue in a camaro i had  worked well  in that  combined with shoving the shifter into nuetral

so i would assume  natural reaction  people are trying these things with no luck    im just assuming that  though 

i suppose people could be just freaking out and  doing nothing
yeah im sure the gas will overpower the brakes a bit to where it wont fully stop-its funny here,they said on the news here "if your gas pedal sticks,be sure to put car in nuetral,shut off key,and push on the brake"
that cracks me up because most folks would not have the reaction time to do all this,let alone remember what all to do,not to mention some fool is gonna be on the interstate when it sticks and not realize when the key is off the steering coluum will lock,and they will cause an accident or die because they will go strait around a bend or drive into oncoming traffic
the whole thing is kinda funny but sad at the same time :happysad:

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by danp68@Feb 3 2010, 02:04 AM~16496976
yeah im sure the gas will overpower the brakes a bit to where it wont fully stop-its funny here,they said on the news here "if your gas pedal sticks,be sure to put car in nuetral,shut off key,and push on the brake"
that cracks me up because most folks would not have the reaction time to do all this,let alone remember what all to do,not to mention some fool is gonna be on the interstate when it sticks and not realize when the key is off the steering coluum will lock,and they will cause an accident or die because they will go strait around a bend or drive into oncoming traffic
the whole thing is kinda funny but sad at the same time  :happysad:
only if u turn the key to the OFF position like your removing the key

but i agree its alot to take in in a panic situation i have had brakes fail and first reaction is panic ive had throttle stick and first reaction is panic i got the car shut off and in nuetral but it was too late i rode a telephone pole guide wire almost vertical lol

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Feb 3 2010, 04:31 PM~16500460
only if u turn the key to the OFF position  like your removing the key
but i agree  its alot to take in in a panic situation    i have had brakes fail  and first reaction is panic  ive had throttle stick  and first reaction is panic  i got the car shut off and in nuetral but it was too late    i rode a telephone pole guide wire  almost vertical  lol
lol-ive seen that before...sure dont look like that lil wire would hold a car up,but it sure does :roflmao: :roflmao:
ive lost brakes before but have always been lucky on that shit-im usually able to coast to a little bit of an incline off road to where it stops enough to put in park before it rolled backwardd
another time i left my house in my old f250 and the front end started to rattle so i turned around and got it in my driveway before the wheel fell off (wheel bearing went-wheel/brakes/spindle all fell off in one,another great ford design)
but yeah fotunatly ive had good luck on that shit :cool:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by REV. chuck@Feb 2 2010, 10:36 PM~16495682
why are the brakes going with them?    i dont know nothing about it
but from what ive seen and read    its an electric issue   im sure someone tried jamming it in nuetral  or hammering the brakes  or   even kicking the shit out of the pedal  which would probably free it up 
everything is ran by a fucking sensor   through the ecm  
IMO the pedal theory is a coverup for the ECM having a problem. The pedal is actually a sensor, drive by wire. If the pedals comes from a vendor, Toyota will replace/modify the pedal , reclaibrate the ECM to the new /modified pedal with new software and cover up the original problem in the ECM. What do you think?

·
Super Smasher
3,948 Posts
Originally posted by kandylac@Feb 5 2010, 09:39 AM~16521023
IMO the pedal theory is a coverup for the ECM having a problem. The pedal is actually a sensor, drive by wire. If the pedals comes from a vendor, Toyota will replace/modify the pedal , reclaibrate the ECM to the new /modified pedal with new software and cover up the original problem in the ECM. What do you think?
I think this more along the lines of the issue. I don't think toyota has it totally figured out either, or has not developed new software yet :0

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
I've noticed in several tech programs on tv and articals in popular mechanics and such. That alot of auto makers especialy Japanese. Are working toward making cars more dependant on computers for everything. They want to eventually make car automated as well. I always shake my head at that shit. I want to be in control of my car. Not some computer

·
i dont feel tardy
20,934 Posts
Originally posted by SERIOUSHYDROS@Feb 5 2010, 08:12 PM~16526190
I've noticed in several tech programs on tv and articals in popular mechanics and such. That alot of auto makers especialy Japanese. Are working toward making cars more dependant on computers for everything. They want to eventually make car automated as well. I always shake my head at that shit. I want to be in control of my car. Not some computer

gonna have to run a quick disconnect to under the seat to kill that shit

:cheesy: or do like me 97 is the newest thing ill ever own ;)

·
PosterPosterPosterPoster
26,311 Posts
IF IT WAS A PEDAL ISSUE WE WOULDN'T STILL BE USING THE SAME BATCHES WE HAVE IN THE WAREHOUSE. CTS IS MADE IN AMERICA WHICH IS BEING BLAMED FOR IT. TACOMA IS THE ONES THE USE JAP DENSO GAS PEDAL

·
Married to the Ave
24,221 Posts
Originally posted by Esoteric@Feb 6 2010, 12:38 AM~16529330
drove a seqouia today didnt notice shit
:cool: word the fuck up!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts