LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Theres been a lot of talk of patterns on here lately so Ive been messin around with it too. I started messin with this hilux, but I am not convinced if I should finish this up or start over. Its the first time I have tried the Black Gold HOK and I messed up in a few spots cause the way they tell you to thin the paint makes it REAL thin, so it took a little getting used to. The final color will be Oriental blue. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
I must agree with Big Poppa here thats a bad ass paint scheme but those big blue boxes gotta go :cool:

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
its cool. its gonna look better with a candy on top

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah I think the blue may have killed it but...fuck it its on there now. I decided to finish it up anyway.
Poppa for the fine lines I used blue painters tape. I laid out a piece on a smooth surface then with a straight edge cut out like 10 fine strips. It worked out pretty well for the fine lines. Then I used the 3m fineline tape for the stripe up the middle and sides. Heres a few pics. It still needs clear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i think it looks good with the blue on top

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
a candy turqiuse <spelling????? would look sick on that :cool:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by PROJECT59@Sep 27 2006, 07:26 PM~6258599
a candy turqiuse <spelling?????  would look sick on that :cool:
I actually have some I might have to give it a try :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,520 Posts
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
im diggin it :biggrin: i think maybe another coat of candy though

damn i need to get an airbrush

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got a little more done on this one. I layed down some candy teal and a few coats of clear. I had to do a lot of wetsanding cause this came out a bit messy but it cleaned up ok. Feedback/Comments please!!!

·
Registered
8,893 Posts
looks real nice! :cool:

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks, it could have been better. Theres some boogers in the paint. and I sanded through the clear in a couple of spots but..I learned!!! :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts