LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished buildin' our new street dancer for this season and got a question to anyone who has built a Toyota dancer or hopper. In the front I have a coil over set up with showballs. Reinforced lowers with the uppers extended 1.5 inches and reinforced and notched out like no other. Also have towers built to accomdate a full stack. The towers have the same mounting points for the uppers so the mounting points are a stock position. Anyhow, had a full stack of blue showtime 2 tons in the front and they seemed to compress a lot more than i thought they would. Front hop was doing fairly decent runnin at 60 volts. Yet she wasnt swangin and bangin.
Question 1: What do you think would be the best full stack or damn near a full stack to put in the front of a 1990 toyota set up like this and 2 does anyone know the exact tonnage of a blue vs. red 2 ton coil is from showtime.
All help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talked to Rob yesterday but dont have Todd's number anymore. I think he was runnin 2 ton coil under, not sure on number of turns though. If anyone has Todd's new number post it.

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
i have 2 1/2 tons in the front of my radical and it's not enough... and all I have is batteries, but you have to remember that the cab weighs more than the bed...I would try at least a 3 ton in the front of your truck...

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gonna try out some older 2 3/4 tons I got layin out in the shop from forever and a day ago. Who knows, I will post the results after Friday when we test em out. Thanx Mark for the info.

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by pumpsndumps@Jan 15 2004, 06:38 AM
Talked to Rob yesterday but dont have Todd's number anymore. I think he was runnin 2 ton coil under, not sure on number of turns though. If anyone has Todd's new number post it.
I have his # some where around here. I will look for it and pm you with it. Last time I talked to Rob he said he switched out the 2 3/4 tons to the 2 ton purples because he said his truck wouldn't compress the reds. Anyways, I will try to find Wilts #. By the way, are you or Indiana Ryder related to a guy named Jason?

·
Registered
4,908 Posts
Originally posted by pumpsndumps@Jan 16 2004, 02:58 PM
No im not related to any Jason's but I know some jason's. Where u from S10. If you get that number PM me.
I'm originally from Indy but, I had to move out in between Martinsville and Monrovia. I am about 15 minutes from Rob's house. I didn't get the chance to look for it today but, I will try to find it later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts