LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from somone at Insane Motorsports, that They use Toyota Tacoma rear ends instead of Ford 9"s Is this true? If so can someone please tell me what year to look at, for an x frame impala

....PM me if nesseccary
....also I heard that the voodo dancer is equipped with a Tacoma rear end ......Is this true???

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg@Jan 8 2004, 02:25 PM
I heard from somone at Insane Motorsports, that They use Toyota Tacoma rear ends instead of Ford 9"s Is this true? If so can someone please tell me what year to look at, for an x frame impala

....PM me if nesseccary
....also I heard that the voodo dancer is equipped with a Tacoma rear end ......Is this true???
no... Voodoo has the nissan axle in it...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Originally posted by vegashopper+Jan 8 2004, 04:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vegashopper @ Jan 8 2004, 04:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--trudawg@Jan 8 2004, 02:25 PM
I heard from somone at Insane Motorsports, that They use Toyota Tacoma rear ends instead of Ford 9"s   Is this true? If so can someone please tell me what year to look at, for an x frame impala

....PM me if nesseccary
no... Voodoo has the nissan axle in it...[/b][/quote]
What I wanna know is do either of these damn rear end work or not?????? I'm sure TRUDAWG is wondering the same. Who actually has seen one used and knows one of those rear ends works. And what it was off exactly. Post up yall!!!

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
we use mazda b2200 rear ends in a couple of our dancers. now on a hopper we use the stock impala housing we just get racing axles with the bigger bearings and reinforce the rear end. unless you are hopping the rear of an impala there is no need to try some dumb shit ;)

·
SINGLE PUMP NO WEIGHT
19,175 Posts
Originally posted by showandgo@Jan 9 2004, 09:52 PM
unless you are hopping the rear of an impala there is no need to try some dumb shit ;)
I second that!!!!

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg@Jan 10 2004, 05:26 PM
yea I think, I might have to stick with the stock rear end with beefy racing axles and disc brakes.
.......but I wouldn't call someone else's techniques "dumb shit" if they work for them
you'll have to cut the ends of the housing where the bearings go in and change those to larger ones to fit the racing type axles/bearings...

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
im not calling there techniques dumb shit i am saying that it is useless to do. by the time you change all the brackets then reinforce, make everything is lined up properly you can make a simple modification and have a strong rear end. god knows i have tried dumb shit and alot of it was unnecessary. good rule is keep it simple

·
Gone But NEVER Forgotten
15,590 Posts
no its not useless but we have had good luck with the racing axles so we stick with it. why try and fix something that aint broke

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg@Jan 12 2004, 09:51 PM
would you consider swapping in a Ford 9"er useless?
...just wondering, if the Mod is more hassle than its worth.
the fors 9" rearend housing is a bit thicker than the chevy but it dont have any c-clips either to hold the axle in so they might travel out on those too...
a reinforced og chevy rearend is the cleanest way to go.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts