LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever thought of using a TPMS system on a air bag setup? The external units attach to a valve stem.

A few potential issues come to mind.
-Finding one that can handle the pressure.
-The units going into power saving mode or whatever because there is no rotation of a tire to activate that... assuming that is how they work. My hope is a change in air pressure would "wake them."
-The refresh rate of the sending units back to the display or bluetooth.

I like the idea of electronic gauges for air, as I don't want to have to run the line into the cab. I have a VU4 so some of less expensive sending units, which are huge, won't fit without additional fittings.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
i had the same thought but the PSI i suspect would be limited, I am currently looking for a system to monitor my Accuair 4 corners and tank to ensure I stay ahead incase of a leak or over pressure.

·
Registered
1 Posts
https://www.bagriders.com/bag-riders-digigauge-2-pressure-display.html
Just installed this on my VU4 a couple weeks ago and they work great! I was also looking for digital gauges to replace the multiple air lines running through the car to the front taking up space. Once the sensors are plugged up to the ECU about a foot from the manifold, a single phone jack line
runs all the way to the front where the flat digital display is. It constantly runs realtime data of the bag pressure even as they load under pressure over bumps in the road, etc. The sensors arent too big/long and are a hell of a lot smaller than the old Dakota pressure senders.
*Side note: you will need 4 pipe fittings to fit the sensors to the VU4 (I think 1/8" female x 1/4" male if I remember correctly).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts