LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

Traditional Lowrider

2K views 29 replies 20 participants last post by  Chucks 
#1 ·
Why is a 2 door car looked at as a more Traditional lowrider than a 4 door?

If they both fit the profile of your typical lowrider why is the 2 dr more accepted than the 4 dr?

This is a question that has pondured my mind for a while now, and just looking for some insight from fellow lowriders.

#2 ·
its just an accepted fact that most 4 door cars do not appreciate in value the way a 2 door does so they are less desirable. I've seen some really nice 4 doors that have had a ton of custom touches but to the general public they are still not as valuable as the same car in a 2 door model

#8 ·
it just does not make that much sense to me that you can have all the right stuff in your lowrider but your car will not be looked apon as a traditional because it has 4 doors. But if you have a wagon thats ok. Or if you have this or that its ok, but if it's a 4 door your car aint worthy.

How is that fair?

#9 ·
Originally posted by slamed64@Nov 24 2008, 07:25 PM~12246762
it just does not make that much sense to me that you can have all the right stuff in your lowrider but your car will not be looked apon as a traditional because it has 4 doors.  But if you have a wagon thats ok. Or if you have this or that its ok, but if it's a 4 door your car aint worthy.

How is that fair?
Just sell your 4 door or part it out. 4 door impalas get no love. And there ugly

#12 ·
Originally posted by GrandPrixOnThree@Nov 24 2008, 06:30 PM~12246805
you can roll a turd in powdered sugar, but it aint gonna taste like a jelly donut.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

if your gonna build a 4 door build it but dont cry when you get made fun of

#13 ·
Originally posted by slamed64@Nov 24 2008, 06:25 PM~12246762
it just does not make that much sense to me that you can have all the right stuff in your lowrider but your car will not be looked apon as a traditional because it has 4 doors.  But if you have a wagon thats ok. Or if you have this or that its ok, but if it's a 4 door your car aint worthy.

How is that fair?
life isnt fair these are the laws that were passed on from the lowriding fore fathers you either follow them or you dont

#14 ·
cause in a 4 door.. its hard to drive with your arm on window when theres a pilar right there. nuff said. 2 door's all the way! :cool:

do i appreciate a 4 door? yeah as a parts car maybe, that 4 door gave the ultimate sacrifice, to keep a 2 door rolling! :cool:

#16 ·
Originally posted by BIGBEN+Nov 24 2008, 08:31 PM~12246817-->
It dont matter what other ppl think or say if you want to build a 4 door do it  :cool:
[/b]
Exactly...
Originally posted by gorillagarage@Nov 24 2008, 08:35 PM~12246854
:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:
if your gonna build a 4 door build it but dont cry when you get made fun of

<!--QuoteBegin-gorillagarage
@Nov 24 2008, 08:36 PM~12246864
life isnt fair these are the laws that were passed on from the lowriding fore fathers you either follow them or you dont
Yeah, to many people be trying to go against the grain. Just roll with it. If you don't like it, get into something else like rat rods or something. Nobody is gonna come along and cry about why four doors don't get respect and think the game is gonna change just for them. This shit has been going on for decades. If it's a two door version, it gets built instead of the four door. Plain and Simple. ;)

#22 ·
I am buliding a 4 door and noone has talked shit or tried to clown on me or whatever, i was just trying to understand why the 4 dr id not traditional but i wagon can be. I really dont care what poeple think.

And for Devious sixy8 - i have a 4 dr hard top i dont have post so i can hang my arm out as far back as i want.

FYI - i am not crying about shit, i have always built the odd stuff cause i dont want to follow the trend or be like everyone else. I like being different. Just trying to understand the logic of what is the Traditional lowrider. Never know i might change things i have in other car scenes.

Thanks for all your info and kind words

#23 ·
Originally posted by Cadillac Heaven@Nov 24 2008, 03:40 PM~12245698
if the car came with a 2 door or 4 door option then you want the 2 door... if big body cadis came stock as 2 doors nobody would be fixing up the 4 doors... :cool:
like i said if the wagon came in a 2 door version then thats the one that would be desirable... if it only came as a 4 door then thats what you have to work with. look at the 57 nomad wagon, the 2 door is whats worth the money and what most people want. :cool:

#25 ·
I come from a long line of lowriders. As long as I can remember I was told 2-doors are the only cars real lowriders build. I grew up in the lowrider lifestyle her in so cal and seen many 4-doors that blow your mined, but it doesn’t change the fact that if you role a 4-door your not as cool. I do not think that my self; I feel that if a looks good give it props.
This mindset stems from the notion that if you own a 4-door it’s a family car, and that a 2-door is a Lon wolfs car a rebel that rides alone on the boulevard. That’s just my 2cents 2-door 4-door all the same as long as you keep the lowrider movement in your hart.

:biggrin:

#26 ·
Its been said "if you build a 4 door, its becouse you could not afford a 2 door" Thats what I grew up listing to as a youngster back in the late 70's, and I still hear it now and then even today. This is America and you can build what ever you want BUT, dont get all bent out of shape when people say things you dont want to hear. Like it was stated in this topic, "A 4 door is only good for a parts car, or a family car" and I have to agree with that statement. Anyways, GOOD LUCK on your build.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.