LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the deal wit the trailing arms? Why do people extend them?

Do they extend the upper ones, lowers ones or both?

and why do some people instead of welding the power balls to the rear axle they weld them to the arms?

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
Originally posted by g-body@Aug 7 2005, 05:00 PM~3557223

and why do some people instead of welding the power balls to the rear axle they weld them to the arms?
u extend your upper arms an inch and take away an inch off your driveshaft to correct the driveline,,so it dont bind up when u are locked up in the asss....

powerballs on arms,,,,IMpalas have to have them on the arms,,,,everything else i beleive are on the axle,,,,

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by g-body@Aug 8 2005, 01:00 AM~3557223

Extending front uppers = taking the stress of the balljoint when locking up/hopping.

Extending rear uppers = making the pinion angle better when locking up so the driveshaft don't bind up.

Powerballs on trailing arms = Impalas.

Powerballs on rear axle = G-Bodys / Caddys.

If you extend your rear uppers, you'll need to get a slip yoke driveshaft and a carrier bearing, just shortening the driveshaft is not clean, cuz it won't allow the car to sit real low safely, there's a good chance that your driveshaft will fall out the tranny when doing so. I run a slip shaft on anything juiced.

·
Registered
7,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by badass 64@Aug 10 2005, 10:28 AM~3579618
Extending front uppers = taking the stress of the balljoint when locking up/hopping.

Extending rear uppers = making the pinion angle better when locking up so the driveshaft don't bind up.

Powerballs on trailing arms = Impalas.

Powerballs on rear axle = G-Bodys / Caddys.

If you extend your rear uppers, you'll need to get a slip yoke driveshaft and a carrier bearing, just shortening the driveshaft is not clean, cuz it won't allow the car to sit real low safely, there's a good chance that your driveshaft will fall out the tranny when doing so. I run a slip shaft on anything juiced.
thanxz homie, i was askn bout the rear trailing arms upper n lower. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts