LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my trailing frame from the rear humps back is just tore all to hell. what should i do. i mean it is paper thin and i dont know if i should weld in new frame or just weld metal to it, get the trailing frame from another 64 and cut and weld it in. i dont know. someone help me out.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Replacing it would be best. The whole frame. Not just the back half. There are places yopu can get frames that are re-enforced. Just swap it out. But, if you are set on just fixing the back. then ,yes. cut off the back and replace it with a section from another frame. Then re-enforce that. Seems like more work that way

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well my X frame really isnt rusty at all its pretty clean in between the wheels but from front wheel to front of car and from back wheel to the end of the car is pretty rusty. but i mainly wanted to replcace just the rear end. figured it would be less money this way(kinda on a low budget). but if someone can get me a fully reinforced frame for pretty cheap then hell yeah i will do that. maybe trade mine in for some money to someone for a reinforced one. thanks, hit meu p.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts