LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

On my 1984 Olds Delta 88 the auto tranny has been doing some strange things. When its warmed up like after 20 miles or so it starts acting different. Basically what its doing is changing up a gear when there is no real need to. Its worst when trying to keep a steady speed of like 30mph on a slight upward hill. So when i go to accelerate it struggles because it needs to be in a lower gear, its only when i put my foot down quite heavy that it kicks down and takes off.

It does the same thing when on a long journey i get to a junction, when i go to pull away its in too higher gear and struggles until i put my foot down far enough for it to kick down.

It only has this trouble when its warmed up, short journeys its fine.

Anyone got any ideas whats up with it?

Any advise is appreciated. :cool:

Thanks

·
Registered
106 Posts
it probably needs the filter and tranny oil changed, and your kick down may need to be ajusted to make it kick down sooner. just an idea ;)

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
i would say kick down needs adjusted to kick down ealier like he said ... usually they dont shift till you let up on the pedal at least for 2-3 shift

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys.

I will get a fluid change done and get the kick down cable looked at. Good to hear its nothing too serious.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts