LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
all of a sudden my car is driving like shit......from 0-25 it doesnt accelerate for shit and then it kinda kicks........after 25mph......i think its ok.....what is goin on here??? and what do i need to do to fix :uh:

·
Registered
313 Posts
check ur fluid level first...idk a lot bout trannys but mine slips every now n then n thats the first thing i do to it (more fluid)

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Tune up, fuel cleaner.

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
is your tranny slippin?? thats what it sounds like..check your fluid level..maybe change the filter.

·
4,937 Posts
Check to make sure that the modulator hose is connected to the modulator. It's on the lower right side of the tranny.
If it is connected, remove the hose fron the Modulator, if you have tranny fluid leak of the modulater or rubber hose, it's time to replace the Modulator, the internal diapham is leaking. This will cause a delayed shift or no shift at all.
AAMCO Trained :biggrin:

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Are we talkin about a 92 town car?
If so my 91 did the same exact thing & so did my cousins 95 mark viii.

I took mine to AAMCO & had them do the complete tranny flush & then drop the pan & replace the filter & top off the fluid again. It cost me $130.

My cousin had the same thing done but at the dealer & cost him $200.

I used to work at a Lincoln dealership in 94-95 & something about these trannys you have to get ALL the fluid out of the convertor. If you just drop the pan & replace the filter your only replacing 7 out of 14 quarts of fluid.
Both out Lincoln are like new now. ;)

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Originally posted by TOWN CAR92@Sep 21 2003, 02:01 PM
all of a sudden my car is driving like shit......from 0-25 it doesnt accelerate for shit and then it kinda kicks........after 25mph......i think its ok.....what is goin on here??? and what do i need to do to fix :uh:
is the car reving up between the 0-25 or is just boging out

·
Registered
8,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by westrides+Oct 1 2003, 10:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (westrides @ Oct 1 2003, 10:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--TOWN CAR92@Sep 21 2003, 02:01 PM
is the car reving up between the 0-25 or is just boging out[/b][/quote]
the car revs when i hit the gas......but doesnt go...almost as if it was in neutral... :uh:

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Damn man that is the same thing that used to happen to my caddy. Then one day i was driving and it just kept revving and wouldnt move, i had to replace the tranny, hope that isnt the same problem you got though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts