LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the passat back from the stereo shop and body shop. I gutted all the air bags out and started working on the suspension. I used the factory strut bottoms and welded in a Honda cup. The tops are drilled out to allow the cylinder to come through. Instead of using the threaded cylinders I used a 1-1/2" cylinder with a sleeve slid over the top. I also got the motor caps, blocks, manifolds, ect powder coated a candy red to match the future new paint job. I should have the car operational within a week.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to give a shout out to the Black Magic crew for helping me with some parts. Hydroholics is under new ownership and since the takeover, they have been lacking. Thanks to Ron and OJ for all your help. I look forward to working with you guys some more.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Looks good Jeremy. Are you going to be able to fit that 4th tank rod on there with your relocated filler hole?
That one will most likely be left out, depending on how much the filler is turned.

what year passat? im keeping an eye on this one. :D
it is a 2000

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
cool good to see another build from you

·
over it
6,640 Posts
Looking good. I like how the copper tube looks. You plan on doing any sort if insulation covering on it or just leaving it bare?

Too bad about Hydroholics going down hill though. A buddy of mine used them for his Magnum wagon and I was surprised at all the problems he ended up having.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I think I dealt with him on his issues. I believe he said it was you that replaced his pump heads. I know I got them to refund the money, but still he shouldn't have had to go through that.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.