LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a lady that has a 99 olds aurora with the diamond white pearl paint. she has some decent damage to her fender and just wants another fender put on, well she wants to EVENTUALLY have the whole car painted but not now, she just wants the color to be close, the fender i found is green so i was just going to spray some white on it.

question is do they sell an bc/cc that will match up close? color code is 78/wa140b

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
You advertise you are charging for paint jobs,and you come here asking for elementary advice?
Unless you have all your variants sprayed out,you will never have a 100% butt match on that particular color.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You advertise you are charging for paint jobs,and you come here asking for elementary advice?
Unless you have all your variants sprayed out,you will never have a 100% butt match on that particular color.
well if you want to be a cocksucker you could just save your fucking time and shut your mouth. i work 10 hours a day 6 days a week and do my painting on the side so i dont have time to drive around to the fucking paint shops to ask questions so i figured i could ask someone on here. so again if you dont want to respond to my question or just want to be a fucking asshole, save it and go fuck your dog instead.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
tri coats are never off the machine good match no matter what color your spraying. gotta line up 3 test cards spray your ground color the same on all 3, then card 1, 2 coats of pearl. card 2 3 coats, card 3, 4 coats. then put them up to the car in the sun (or with a sun gun) see which is closest or what needs to be done to the color to get it closer... best take the fender off and bring it to the color matcher for best results...

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ya way to much work lol for what this lady is wanting to pay. she said she doesnt care if it doesnt match perfect, and she doesnt want to pay for the pearl paint so im just gunna shoot some white on this puppy, throw it on and call it a day, that will look better than a green fender on a pearl white car lol.

·
stylish muthafucka
10,237 Posts
well if you want to be a cocksucker you could just save your fucking time and shut your mouth. i work 10 hours a day 6 days a week and do my painting on the side so i dont have time to drive around to the fucking paint shops to ask questions so i figured i could ask someone on here. so again if you dont want to respond to my question or just want to be a fucking asshole, save it and go fuck your dog instead.
:nono::scrutinize:

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
tri coats are never off the machine good match no matter what color your spraying. gotta line up 3 test cards spray your ground color the same on all 3, then card 1, 2 coats of pearl. card 2 3 coats, card 3, 4 coats. then put them up to the car in the sun (or with a sun gun) see which is closest or what needs to be done to the color to get it closer... best take the fender off and bring it to the color matcher for best results...
This is how I have them(GM codes)sprayed out,every variant with up to 4 coats pearl,but I use pieces of masking tape,peel off a layer after each coat,on a single sprayout card so I don't have a million cards,the number of coats varies,as well as base colors,good info.
I was gonna share the best way to blend tri-coats flawlessly,but fuck these fools,I'll let them fuck it up on thier own.

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
I don't care how long you work at the day job,apparantly the truth hurts,unless you can quit the day job and go at this full time,I doubt you have the skills to do quality work,I'm tired of fixing shit like this after the"cheaper"shop fucks up.
I've shared alot of info on this site as far as painting goes,sit back and listen if you're a noob,you'll get more responses,you have an attitude like this,no ones gonna help you.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't care how long you work at the day job,apparantly the truth hurts,unless you can quit the day job and go at this full time,I doubt you have the skills to do quality work,I'm tired of fixing shit like this after the"cheaper"shop fucks up.
I've shared alot of info on this site as far as painting goes,sit back and listen if you're a noob,you'll get more responses,you have an attitude like this,no ones gonna help you.

yep sure seems like im the one with the additutde. if you feel like your to "GOOD" to answer a question i have then dont waste you time. If you want to help, then thank you, if YOU want to have an ADDITUDE then just go on to the next topic. the reason i cant quit my day job and do this full time is not that i cant do quality work, its that i dont have enough money built up to just jump on this fulltime. there is not enough people out there with money wanting to get enough work done to keep my shop and personal bills payed thats why i stay with a day job. This is why so many people have a hard time getting going because all the people that have been in it for years always act like cocky assholes when someone starting out has a question. i apperciate everyones help on here, but if you have some smart ass comment to make before you say somthing just save your time and dont even respond.

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
yep sure seems like im the one with the additutde. if you feel like your to "GOOD" to answer a question i have then dont waste you time. If you want to help, then thank you, if YOU want to have an ADDITUDE then just go on to the next topic. the reason i cant quit my day job and do this full time is not that i cant do quality work, its that i dont have enough money built up to just jump on this fulltime. there is not enough people out there with money wanting to get enough work done to keep my shop and personal bills payed thats why i stay with a day job. This is why so many people have a hard time getting going because all the people that have been in it for years always act like cocky assholes when someone starting out has a question. i apperciate everyones help on here, but if you have some smart ass comment to make before you say somthing just save your time and dont even respond.
:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:
zip tie on the bumper for that"forever hold"........I don't even need to say more,good luck with your"endevours".:roflmao:

·
Registered
704 Posts
most likely you will have to blend into the door, i found out that its best to start of with getting your ground coat as close as possible to match the color on the car! Then throw down your midcoat as needed!

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger:
zip tie on the bumper for that"forever hold"........I don't even need to say more,good luck with your"endevours".:roflmao:
that was actually the customer solution to the problem, i just did not cut it off before i took the pic. you must not be able to read, that text above the picture of the bumper, those are called words. you put a group of words together, and that forms a sentence. just sound it out if you dont know it, and im sure you will be reading in a few years.

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
that was actually the customer solution to the problem, i just did not cut it off before i took the pic. you must not be able to read, that text above the picture of the bumper, those are called words. you put a group of words together, and that forms a sentence. just sound it out if you dont know it, and im sure you will be reading in a few years.
The chicken wire,lacquer glaze putty,and the newspaper masking is pretty high tech as well,suppose that was the customer too.....good job!:rofl::roflmao:

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The chicken wire,lacquer glaze putty,and the newspaper masking is pretty high tech as well,suppose that was the customer too.....good job!:rofl::roflmao:
yep cuz nobody is supposed to be a beginner, atleast im not afraid to show my mistakes. you sir are just a serious douchebag. eat a dick.

·
Banned
10,571 Posts
yep cuz nobody is supposed to be a beginner, atleast im not afraid to show my mistakes. you sir are just a serious douchebag. eat a dick.
Beginners don't charge $$$ for it.........I only call what I see,not making anything up.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts

this is exactly what i was thinking, i HATE being the one to fix the previous shitty painters work

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Beginners don't charge $$$ for it.........I only call what I see,not making anything up.
well i have had quite a few happy customers. they dont need to know im a beginner, we all have to start somewhere. and like ive said a few times in this post, if you dont like it you dont have to help me out.

and i do appreciate everyones help, i appologize if i came off like an asshole.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.