LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it possible to run FBSS on one pump and 3 batteries 8s front 10s back. i dont intend on hopping or trying to reach the moon like some junk body hoppers. i just need the simple moves. also i need the trunkspace for my box. also do they make tanks big enough to fill all 4 cylinders what about a whammy tank.

i know its going to be a slow movin system but its 4 switches is all i need.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
the tank size is irrelevant.

The oil sits in the lines and the cylinders, the tank is merely a reservoir so that when the car is dumped the over flow from the system and run back into the tank, but there will still be oil in pipes, just not in the compressed ram (if it compresses totally)

Tanks could be really tiny if someone could produce a small enough pick up on the pump.

·
Registered
10,665 Posts
Originally posted by Unity_Jon@Jan 6 2004, 03:36 AM

The oil sits in the lines and the cylinders, the tank is merely a reservoir so that when the car is dumped the over flow from the system and run back into the tank, but there will still be oil in pipes, just not in the compressed ram (if it compresses totally)

Tanks could be really tiny if someone could produce a small enough pick up on the pump.
untrue, the tank needs to hold enough volume to fill all of the cylinders..
if youre running long strokes or, as in this case, multiple strokes, the tank size does come into consideration..

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
just get 2 pumps you will be grad you did...if your lifting a large car with 36v it will be pretty slow and with 3 batts the charges wont last long

FORGET ABOUT DUMP MANIFOLDS :(

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Originally posted by bigdanmcintosh+Jan 6 2004, 02:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigdanmcintosh @ Jan 6 2004, 02:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Unity_Jon@Jan 6 2004, 03:36 AM

untrue, the tank needs to hold enough volume to fill all of the cylinders..
if youre running long strokes or, as in this case, multiple strokes, the tank size does come into consideration..[/b][/quote]
ha haa your quite right, i fukked up... bloody telescopic rams.:twak:

I remember when 10" was long ram, and the amount of fluid ina 10" ram is tiny..... ! :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts